Billiken Baseball

DirtyRican

No idea about the recruiting class but we return seven of our top eight hitters and our two stud workhorse pitchers Alemann and Clay Smith. If they dont crush that 41 win record this year it will be a major dissapointment. They open up in Oklahoma against ORU in February. I hope it isnt 12 degrees like it is today.

No idea about the recruiting class but we return seven of our top eight hitters and our two stud workhorse pitchers Alemann and Clay Smith. If they dont crush that 41 win record this year it will be a major dissapointment. They open up in Oklahoma against ORU in February. I hope it isnt 12 degrees like it is today.

Seems like a tougher schedule this year though. I see we lost All American closer? Our DH, Centerfielder and Catcher..Anybody know anything about who can replace that? I need to check some games out I suppose!

not sure if people really realize the magnitude of what Billiken baseball has going on ? Okie Billiken...... "if they dont smash 41 wins its a major disappointment" Dude are you high? 41 wins is a first and probably only in Billiken baseball days. Not too many teams won 40 games last year. When was the last time Billiken baseball got votes in any poll?? Schedule looks tougher, but with a lot back maybe they can handle some pressure. All I know is in the 1990-2000 era they were dead last in all polls now were mentioned among the countrys top 50 or so? Not a bad jump especially since they have the worst facility in the league now minus a few. Folks, to be mentioned in pre season votes shows how far this has come. I hope we can recognize what is happening 41 win team defending A-10 Champs in a sport not expected to do much by University standards, ie all non-revenue sports.

Closer is new guy from New York apparently and he is real thing. Catcher is new and dh is better than last year, plus entire starting rotation is back. Also looks like recruiting class for next year is pretty solid.

Root for Billikens, Ill be at Port Charlotte series against Maize and Blue!

not sure if people really realize the magnitude of what Billiken baseball has going on ? Okie Billiken...... "if they dont smash 41 wins its a major disappointment" Dude are you high? 41 wins is a first and probably only in Billiken baseball days. Not too many teams won 40 games last year. When was the last time Billiken baseball got votes in any poll?? Schedule looks tougher, but with a lot back maybe they can handle some pressure. All I know is in the 1990-2000 era they were dead last in all polls now were mentioned among the countrys top 50 or so? Not a bad jump especially since they have the worst facility in the league now minus a few. Folks, to be mentioned in pre season votes shows how far this has come. I hope we can recognize what is happening 41 win team defending A-10 Champs in a sport not expected to do much by University standards, ie all non-revenue sports.

Closer is new guy from New York apparently and he is real thing. Catcher is new and dh is better than last year, plus entire starting rotation is back. Also looks like recruiting class for next year is pretty solid.

Root for Billikens, Ill be at Port Charlotte series against Maize and Blue!

Totally disagree. No one on the schedule impresses me. ORU might be the biggest winner on the schedule. Michigan was awful last year.

Like all teams in division one schedule can't be perfect with slu's travel inside a-10 and trip to VCu this year along with #12 San Diego tourney regional and constant Midwest power Missouri st and sec foe and top 25 team ole miss. Play Charlotte st joes VCu Richmond Dayton as well inside league and open at oral Roberts who is ahead of slu in weather and stadium and tradition. Are u aware that slu usually comes out of gym or armory or wherever theyre at in winter training and goes immediately to games. Easy on the expectations and negativity okie. I was just trying for positive news on this board. If bills don't win 40 it's not a major disappointment considering its happened ummm once in schools tenure. Go bills I'm proud of upward movement in program

Like all teams in division one schedule can't be perfect with slu's travel inside a-10 and trip to VCu this year along with #12 San Diego tourney regional and constant Midwest power Missouri st and sec foe and top 25 team ole miss. Play Charlotte st joes VCu Richmond Dayton as well inside league and open at oral Roberts who is ahead of slu in weather and stadium and tradition. Are u aware that slu usually comes out of gym or armory or wherever theyre at in winter training and goes immediately to games. Easy on the expectations and negativity okie. I was just trying for positive news on this board. If bills don't win 40 it's not a major disappointment considering its happened ummm once in schools tenure. Go bills I'm proud of upward movement in program

Jeez. I wasnt being negative at all. There is no one on that schedule that they shouldnt be competitive with. Didnt they play Oregon St and Arizona or Az State last year? ORU is decent, I saw them play a bunch last year, but a big step down from either of those schools. They rack up the wins against that conference that is pretty awful. SLU should be able to repeat last years performance without getting swept at home by at team likeSt. Joe's and having a little better luck in the A10 tournament.

Floridaguy, do you know if the Bills will be playing at Charlotte Sports Park, during tournament in March. Was thinking about going March 3rd anyway when the Twins play the Rays. If so are these game on the practice fields or before the spring Training game, on the main field

Having to face Michigan four times in about two weeks should be interesting, especially if they go up against arguably the best 1-2 freshman punch in the B1G in Cam Wysocki (RHP) and Evan Hill (LHP). Both heavily recruited out of the state of Michigan and both decided to stay home and pitch for the Maize and Blue.

Darin is doing a great job under the circumstances considering the program's limitations.

I do not know where he stands salary wise but I sure hope they are paying him well; if not, I hope they give him a big raise / etc. to ensure he stays at SLU.

We are not going to find anyone better than Darin. No way.

Darin is doing a great job under the circumstances considering the program's limitations.

I do not know where he stands salary wise but I sure hope they are paying him well; if not, I hope they give him a big raise / etc. to ensure he stays at SLU.

We are not going to find anyone better than Darin. No way.

Completely agree. He is a great coach and does a good job with what he has to work with on the recruiting side. Having played for the last regime who I liked, Darin is on a whole other level. I hope he stays awhile.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sluball200" data-cid="333880" data-time="1356980132"><p>

If he has another quality year in which we all expect..He won't be back</p></blockquote>

I think they will and I would be surprised if he left. I talk to him pretty often and he is excited for the direction of the program. The administration does need to step up though.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sluball200" data-cid="333880" data-time="1356980132"><p>

If he has another quality year in which we all expect..He won't be back</p></blockquote>

I think they will and I would be surprised if he left. I talk to him pretty often and he is excited for the direction of the program. The administration does need to step up though.

It would be cool if he stayed but realistically if he has another 40 win season and say they make a regional, schools will be knocking on his door