OT: Big East New Designation: Group of 5

kshoe

Frankly, Big East Football doesn't impress me much. Rutgers at the top? Uconn is not consistently good. Pitt has been wandering for about a decade now. Temple was thrown out once before. South Florida had like one year. And the school scoming from NASCAR country are like wshooting stars --- once maybe every rare occassion. Like when Tulane wen tundefeated on eyear and got hammered in a bowl. As did Hawaii with that QB Colt something-or-other.

Wow ---- Pitt on the level of a Central Michigan and/or Toledo. Nice. How the once-mighty have fallen.

Also, outside of VaTech (Metro), Florida State (Metro), and Miami (Independent), who all came infrom the cold, the ACC is a bunch of lightweights too.

Frankly, Big East Football doesn't impress me much. Rutgers at the top? Uconn is not consistently good. Pitt has been wandering for about a decade now. Temple was thrown out once before. South Florida had like one year. And the school scoming from NASCAR country are like wshooting stars --- once maybe every rare occassion. Like when Tulane wen tundefeated on eyear and got hammered in a bowl. As did Hawaii with that QB Colt something-or-other.

Wow ---- Pitt on the level of a Central Michigan and/or Toledo. Nice. How the once-mighty have fallen.

Also, outside of VaTech (Metro), Florida State (Metro), and Miami (Independent), who all came infrom the cold, the ACC is a bunch of lightweights too.

Pitt's going to the ACC with Syracuse

Wow! I've forgotten so much ... thanks box. Now that I see it in writing, I'm ashamed I forgot it. I only looked at the current standings to see who was in there. How about Umass or Nova upgrading their current FCS programs .. oh, wait, that's been discussed too.

This is the Big EAST for football next year:

EAST UCF Cincinnati UConn Louisville Rutgers USF

WEST Boise State Houston Memphis SDSU SMU Temple

Yes. Those geniuses named their divisions East and West so you have Big East West and Big East East. Louisville is in the east and Temple in the west. Also, the geographic center of the Big East will be about 2 hours southeast of St. Louis.

Also note, that UMass is in the FBS as a MAC team.

Don't forget ND's leaving for BB reasons. Temple's gonna be sorry they ever left the A-10. I figure UL and UC will be the next to leave. Most likely for the B12. Don't know about Uconn and Rutgers. Not sure the ACC wants to expand any time soon since they're keeping FSU and Clemson unless they decide to bolt for the SEC, which would be hard for them as USC and FL would object.

Add in the hoops teams of Nova, St. Johns, GU, and Providence, MU and DePaul and it's still not the Beast.

As for hoops, if that alignment holds up, Temple's gonna be racking up some serious frequent flyer miles both in FB and in BB. Pitino's right back where he didn't want to be, ie a modified but geographically senseless CUSA. He's just signed on 'til he's 70, trust me he is pushing for a move to the big 12 and pushing hard.

If UL and UC do leave for the B12, I don't see that as a logical move for Uconn or Rutgers, then the Beast BB only teams will most certainly depart. That's when it's going to get interesting in the A-10 and why it's important for SLU to continue to be successful. The deserting BB only schools will either want to be in the A-10 now that we've added Butler and VCU or they will try and start a whole new conference and cherry pick A-10 schools. If they do come in then schools will have to be eliminated. There's no way we can add 6 more teams and have a 20 team league. I wouldn't see us a candidate to be dropped from the A-10, but not so sure we'd be picked to join the new league either. Although there's a lot of good arguments for us being picked.

Would love to see something like a western conference of : SLU, MU, DePaul, Butler, Creighton, VCU, and GU. The East being Nova, St.John's, Prov, SH, St. Joes, and RI.