Dino Gaudio

ACE

I mentioned this before, make a hard run at Stallings, maybe he wants to move closer to his home town, you would have to offer him a ton of money.

Stallings would be ideal. He has won at a University that prides itself on academics, he has recruited great players in a very tough conference with schools that clearly don't share Vanderbilt's entrance requirements, and he can flat out coach. Now, please tell me why in the hell would he ever want to come here? Vanderbilt stands above SLU in every measurable category. His family has long since moved or passed away so the local attraction is not there. With all that being said, I am all in for making a run at Kevin Stallings, but it's not going to happen.

Stallings would be ideal. He has won at a University that prides itself on academics, he has recruited great players in a very tough conference with schools that clearly don't share Vanderbilt's entrance requirements, and he can flat out coach. Now, please tell me why in the hell would he ever want to come here? Vanderbilt stands above SLU in every measurable category. His family has long since moved or passed away so the local attraction is not there. With all that being said, I am all in for making a run at Kevin Stallings, but it's not going to happen.

SLU's facilities are much nicer. He's from Collinsville.

But yeah I can't see that happening.

Okay, you all know how much i like Randy Bennett, but can`t see him coming here. Now after him IF I had a dream list it would include Steve Pikiel from Stony Brook. He`s a UConn guy, and has the Seawolves so close to the NCAA`s, but the main reason I like him is his parents used to live on my route. No direct ties, but I think he is a good coach.

Other names Cameron Dollar at Seattle? Rex Walters at USF?

Isiah Thomas didn`t do well at FIU, but food for thought.

What about our former Assistant who went to ESPN?

Seth Greenberg? Jay Spoon?

Okay throwing names out there, but seriously Crews is our guy for now, let`s see what he can do, but PLEASE no T`Shirt uni s

Okay, you all know how much i like Randy Bennett, but can`t see him coming here. Now after him IF I had a dream list it would include Steve Pikiel from Stony Brook. He`s a UConn guy, and has the Seawolves so close to the NCAA`s, but the main reason I like him is his parents used to live on my route. No direct ties, but I think he is a good coach.

Okay throwing names out there, but seriously Crews is our guy for now, let`s see what he can do, but PLEASE no T`Shirt uni s

Please, please, please tell me you are joking with this one. Zeke has had the touch of death with every organization he has gone to since retiring as a player. My guess is if he was hired SLU would be a single-win team averaging 2500 fans a game by Zeke's 2nd season.

Rex Walters is one up and coming coach I would be interested in taking a look at. It would likely to be difficult to get him right now and we if we wait until after the season, we may be competing with BCS programs for his services.

I had thought about Greenberg, but didn't mention him. The positives are that he would likely be available right away, this would probably be his last stop, and he is a bit of a national media darling who brings some name recognition. The negative is that I'm just not convinced he can coach.

I had thought about Greenberg, but didn't mention him. The positives are that he would likely be available right away, this would probably be his last stop, and he is a bit of a national media darling who brings some name recognition. The negative is that I'm just not convinced he can coach.

Exactly. I was shocked when he got the job at Virginia Tech.

Rex Walters is one up and coming coach I would be interested in taking a look at. It would likely to be difficult to get him right now and we if we wait until after the season, we may be competing with BCS programs for his services.

Rex Walters was an asst at Valpo for 2 years before he took the FIU job. He came to Valpo a year before Bryce Drew finished playing his 1 year in Europe when Bryce came back to Valpo to be on his father's, Homer Drew's, staff. I think Rex saw the writing on the wall then and when he got the offer from FIU took it immediately. Many at Valpo lamented losing Walters because like Bryce he had NBA experience but neither were proven and obviously Rex Walters had a bit more coaching experience at that time and more years as a head coach now. It's still to be determined who will have the better coaching career but as someone who saw Bryce play in grade school, HS and college in all the same schools I attended it's clear to me Bryce IS Valpo. He doesn't want to be anywhere else. And Bryce says he knew it from the first day Homer Drew drove over from South Bend with his wife, 2 future coaching sons and daughter, Dana (who happens to be in the hall of fame at the U of Toledo for basketball) to see the campus and interview for the job.