Area recruits for '13 and '14 classes

slu72

I'm hoping one of the favorable fallouts from our tourney trip for is that we are now a more attractive option for local kids. Haven't heard much about St. Louis area kids, like the Beals and Berrys, that we might be interested in or who may suddenly be interested in SLU. I still don't see us landing the 4-5 star locals at this stage (give us a few years and that might change), but there's got to be other kids who have D1 talent.

'13 kids

Jordan Martin Haz Central

Malcom Hill Belleville East

Anthony Virdure Lutheran North

Martavian Payne Imagine

Nolan Berry DeSmet

Deshawn Munson East St. Louis

In no particular order, the best of '13 are either verbaled to someone else, not good enough or SLU has showed little interest in.

'14 kids we look better in this group but still a strong possibility we don't get anyone out of this class either

Ray Doby CBC???

Jordan Barnett CBC

Patrick McCaw CBC

Darius Austin Cahokia

CJ Rivers Cahokia

Austin Gillman Oakville

Rashad Lindsey MICDS

at the risk of my normal metro east bashing i always get, besides torch's choices, munson, austin and hill (which btw are all excellent choices as all three are just flat out studs) i would add:

A. justin dieker soph from Freeburg, who is flying under the radar because

1. freeburg has been horrible for a few years, and

2. it is a small school that doesnt see big school competition.

i say, he's a legit 6'8" with amazing hands and good footwork that shoots pretty good but seems to understand he needs to stay close to the basket. gotta love that.

B. only a freshmen but Belleville west has a 6'1" kid that only got brought up to JV at the end of the year named sherond boyd. this kid has it. i am expecting him to start varsity next winter. the problem with sherond becoming a basketball star though is he is probably better at football. he was the backup varsity qb last fall already.

C. another Belleville west kid i cant get off my list is nick von osdale. i keep telling myself he is too skinny etc. but dammed if he doesnt just keep winning games for west. the kid is a gamer that just does stuff right. he is likely a D2 or low D1 player but you watch. he'll get ignored then show up on some mid major roster and end up being one of those kids like drake had a few years back.

my choices said, i will admit that torch's list is much better. i only tried to augment it and add a few longshots from the area.

'14 kids we look better in this group but still a strong possibility we don't get anyone out of this class either

Ray Doby CBC???

Jordan Barnett CBC

Patrick McCaw CBC

Darius Austin Cahokia

CJ Rivers Cahokia

Austin Gillman Oakville

Rashad Lindsey MICDS

I recently had a conversation with Oakville center Austin Gillman's dad. He said that Austin has shown the most intrest in Xavier, that is out of all the schools that showed intrest in his game.

I'm hoping one of the favorable fallouts from our tourney trip for is that we are now a more attractive option for local kids. Haven't heard much about St. Louis area kids, like the Beals and Berrys, that we might be interested in or who may suddenly be interested in SLU. I still don't see us landing the 4-5 star locals at this stage (give us a few years and that might change), but there's got to be other kids who have D1 talent.

"Like The Beals" only come around about every 5-10 years, give it a few more years and you may hear of one.

I recently had a conversation with Oakville center Austin Gillman's dad. He said that Austin has shown the most intrest in Xavier, that is out of all the schools that showed intrest in his game.

Gillman could easily blow up this summer and be as highly touted as Berry is.

Onsdale is a nice player. I've seen him a couple times. He's been overlooked. Will be a very good D-2 player, or a contributor at low or mid major program.