I wonder if Izzo wanted Majerus to contact him this summer to setup a home an home series???

Obviously Izzo has a say in the scheduling, but it wouldn't require a meeting between coaches to get that accomplished. My guess is that Izzo wants to talk strategy with Majerus. St. Louis' game plan against MSU was perfect. I'm sure Izzo wants feedback and ideas from the only program in the nation who out-toughed the Spartans all year.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if MSU played SLU in the future. We've gone to IUPUI, Bradley and other schools from non-BCS conferences. Izzo is a master of finding teams who jack up our RPI and he doesn't shy away from anyone, which oftentimes can be a fault because we end up a 4 or 5 seed with so many early OOC losses.

Obviously Izzo has a say in the scheduling, but it wouldn't require a meeting between coaches to get that accomplished. My guess is that Izzo wants to talk strategy with Majerus. St. Louis' game plan against MSU was perfect. I'm sure Izzo wants feedback and ideas from the only program in the nation who out-toughed the Spartans all year.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if MSU played SLU in the future. We've gone to IUPUI, Bradley and other schools from non-BCS conferences. Izzo is a master of finding teams who jack up our RPI and he doesn't shy away from anyone, which oftentimes can be a fault because we end up a 4 or 5 seed with so many early OOC losses.

Izzo is a stand up guy, who I am betting has gained a ton of respect for Majerus and the way the Bills played them. I wonder if any other Big10 team played them defensively the way SLU did? I wouldn't be surprised if Izzo want's to see more of the old master at work, and schedules us. Obviously, they don't fear playing these type of games. Refreshing to see.

As evidenced by the drubbing the Bills took at the hands of Duke a couple of years ago, a (huge) loss to highly rated team raises your RPI. I hope the Bills don't have to worry about that, but it never hurts.

Losing only helps your RPI when you are a crap team like we were a couple years ago. If we are as good as we can be next year (i.e. top 25) a neutral court loss to a team like Michigan St. won't materially help or hurt your RPI. A win would obviously be great.

Personally, I suspect it wasn't much more than coach speak of "you played a great game, we should talk some time next week" similar to how Jimbo would tell a girl he picked up at the bar and banged "you were great, I'll call you next week."

Although others have it right that izzo isn't afraid of anyone, dreaming of a home and home with Michigan St. is just that; dreaming.

Losing only helps your RPI when you are a crap team like we were a couple years ago. If we are as good as we can be next year (i.e. top 25) a neutral court loss to a team like Michigan St. won't materially help or hurt your RPI. A win would obviously be great.

Personally, I suspect it wasn't much more than coach speak of "you played a great game, we should talk some time next week" similar to how Jimbo would tell a girl he picked up at the bar and banged "you were great, I'll call you next week."

Although others have it right that izzo isn't afraid of anyone, dreaming of a home and home with Michigan St. is just that; dreaming.

I'll take that action. I say a 2-game home and home is officially announced by August. Izzo's scheduling philosophy has always been to schedule opponents who play a wide variety of styles to better prepare for the March tournament. We always play a team who runs zone or presses or plays an unusual brand of ball. Izzo will put SLU on the schedule as both a favor to a good guy in Majerus and because SLU will provide a tough matchup that will aid in the development of our younger players.

It will be brought up in the phone conversation then put in motion. Book it.

What about a three game series with the third game played on a "neutral" court in Detroit? I could see that working.