O.T. Coaching changes

BLIKNS

Seen Rhode Island has hired Dan Hurley(was at Wagner), Weber has been offered the job at SIU-C.

They are only offering Weber 250k per year. I bet he still takes it.

Nice hire by URI. Paying Hurley 667k per year. He's bring his brother Bobby with him. We'll surely enjoy heckling both of them when they come to Chaifetz. Hurley won't stay at URI forever. He'll get a tourney bid or 2 in the next 5-6 years and move on to Seton Hall. Definitely adds another strong coach to the A-10 especially in the recruiting dept.

They are only offering Weber 250k per year. I bet he still takes it.

Nice hire by URI. Paying Hurley 667k per year. He's bring his brother Bobby with him. We'll surely enjoy heckling both of them when they come to Chaifetz. Hurley won't stay at URI forever. He'll get a tourney bid or 2 in the next 5-6 years and move on to Seton Hall. Definitely adds another strong coach to the A-10 especially in the recruiting dept.

It looks like Weber wants to jump right back in. The money maybe isn't so important to him, since he's getting a big buyout. I'd think there may be better opportunities for him out there, but maybe's he's partial to Carbondale. I think a lot of coaches would look for a 1-2 year TV gig and then find something better.

It looks like Weber wants to jump right back in. The money maybe isn't so important to him, since he's getting a big buyout. I'd think there may be better opportunities for him out there, but maybe's he's partial to Carbondale. I think a lot of coaches would look for a 1-2 year TV gig and then find something better.

I think he'd be good at the tv gig. it might be the only option for him if it goes wrong at carbondale.

Have you ever heard Weber's voice?

I assume Tony Young is a lock to join Weber.

its part of what what would make him good. not doing full games, but a studio job doing pregame/halftime analysis.

Not so fast ---- SIU says they have not offered Weber and may not.

While Hurley is going to URI (press conference planned for today) the whole key seems to revolve around Baron assitant Preston Murphy, who is credited with being the recruiting force behind Baron that got guys like James and Outerbridge to go to URI. Sources are saying he is a "must keep" by whomever the coach is.

Illinois has targeted Shaka Smart (once again) as the choice of preference to replace Weber. Should be interesting ---- Smart signed an 8-year extension after last year's final four run by VCU. Leonard Hamilton was supposedly asked about but he said he wants to finish at Florida State. Notice anything? Illinois has never hired a coach of color in either big men's sport. Ever.

Could be another interesting post-Duke move happening at Northwestern. Bill Carmody is supposedly exhausted in trying to get Northwestern off the schneid and into their first-ever March Madness. He might resign and if so, the word has Northwestern taking Chris Collins off Duke's bench and givin ghim his first head coaching job. I, for one, would be happy because then with Duke on TV all the time, I don't have to see him sitting next to god (Cach K) all the time. Now, who can also get rid of Wojo?