Tournament Selection thread

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like our draw. Michigan St. and Mizzery the weakest of the 1's and 2's. Memphis will be tough due to their athleticism but I like our chances with RM and some good prep time for game planning.

Pretty sure that's not how the s-curve works, if that's what you're getting at. If MSU is the worst 1 seed, then Mizzou was the first 2 seed. If you're just saying that because you hate Mizzou then I'll move along.

I think that SLU will be the underdog to Memphis but I certainly will be picking SLU in that game on every bracket I have. I think Rick has the boys ready to play.

I am shocked how bummed I feel. I always imagined I'd be so happy when the Bills got in, but I am so pissed about getting a 9 seed. Anybody out there have any reasons why I should be happier?

I am shocked how bummed I feel. I always imagined I'd be so happy when the Bills got in, but I am so pissed about getting a 9 seed. Anybody out there have any reasons why I should be happier?

You mean besides the fact that we are dancing for the first time in 12 years?

Pretty sure that's not how the s-curve works, if that's what you're getting at. If MSU is the worst 1 seed, then Mizzou was the first 2 seed. If you're just saying that because you hate Mizzou then I'll move along.

I think that SLU will be the underdog to Memphis but I certainly will be picking SLU in that game on every bracket I have. I think Rick has the boys ready to play.

Not because I hate Mizzou. I just think that they are the most vulnerable 2 seed as they have been placed in the brackets. They only have 7 scholarship players and the tournament is a completely different animal than regular season or conference tournaments. Mizzou has had a hell of a year and is a fantastic team. I do not know if SLU can beat them but I like the chances better against Mizzou than any of the other 2's.

They were the 8th overall seed. Just said by the chairman of the selection comittee.

SLU is in the tournament and has drawn the 4th #1 seed and the 4th #2 seed. Outside of Memphis, we can matchup against the rest of the bracket.

Memphis is scary in appearance only...lots of Top 100 recruits...

BUT, Xavier had them on the ropes AT MEMPHIS and choked it away...if Xavier can hold their own against them, then we certainly can...

Not because I hate Mizzou. I just think that they are the most vulnerable 2 seed as they have been placed in the brackets. They only have 7 scholarship players and the tournament is a completely different animal than regular season or conference tournaments. Mizzou has had a hell of a year and is a fantastic team. I do not know if SLU can beat them but I like the chances better against Mizzou than any of the other 2's.

They were the 8th overall seed. Just said by the chairman of the selection comittee.

I saw that. I was baffled.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the strength of the region (I think overall It's really strong: marquette and louisville are possible the best 3 and 4 seeds in the tournament).