Semi-OT: The refs cost Mizzou the Kansas game

bonwich

I actually retract because he retracted in his post today, sort of. So just a little Bush, like W.

The officiating went against KU in the first meeting, with the Jayhawks' shooting only 9 free throws compared to MU's 20. (And KU was called for twice as many fouls, 20-10.) And in the rematch, Missouri was wronged on the game's most critical calls, and ended up with 15 fewer FT attempts than KU

Read more: http://www.stltoday....l#ixzz1ncaFcP3S

I actually retract because he retracted in his post today, sort of. So just a little Bush, like W.

The officiating went against KU in the first meeting, with the Jayhawks' shooting only 9 free throws compared to MU's 20. (And KU was called for twice as many fouls, 20-10.) And in the rematch, Missouri was wronged on the game's most critical calls, and ended up with 15 fewer FT attempts than KU

Read more: http://www.stltoday....l#ixzz1ncaFcP3S

But that can't be. We've been assured that "home court advantage" is just part of the game, and that referees never truly influence the outcome of a game.

The five minutes that they reverted back to being the Mike Anderson style Tigers is what cost them the game and not the refs.

I watched the game on tape and thought that KU got the bad end of a lot of calls in the first half when most of their players had foul trouble. In the second half some calls went KU's way but the key was the poor shooting of MU. KU had a lot of calls go against them down the stretch at MU. I just wish we could see some home court advantage calls for our Bills. I go to virtually every home game and in the A10 games we never seem to get any home calls and often the other teams get a bunch of calls although I have to admit that the refs in the A10 are so bad that it is hard to tell sometimes which team is benefiting.