OT - Willie Reed

I am not sure about the people close to him. You saw what happened when Airtime was out defending showtime. A damn shame.

Not sure your point, Airtime was supreme when on air defending Showtime. That was some masterful PR work. Anybody see Airtime at SLU games prior to the incident? I suspect Airtime just helicoptered in for a cameo appearance in the drama that is the life of Showtime and that may explain a lot.

It is water long over the dam and down the river, but I've seen 4 SLU games in person this season, and think from time to time, if SLU just had Willie out there blocking shots, as the last line of defense, the SLU goalie and rebounder. He was such a charismatic player, as someone once said, the "soul" of the team.

I've posted this before- the first time I saw Willie Reed play was his freshman year at Chaifetz against GW. Willie blocked a shot at one end, ran the floor, and dunked at the other end. I exclaimed, SLU has needed Willie Reed my whole life.

Really, with light tinkering here and there, the missing piece for these SLU Billikens is the 5, the true Center.

Still, SLU is 13-3, and the sky remains the limit. Let's dance in March, as in the Big Dance, the NCAA!

It is water long over the dam and down the river, but I've seen 4 SLU games in person this season, and think from time to time, if SLU just had Willie out there blocking shots, as the last line of defense, the SLU goalie and rebounder. He was such a charismatic player, as someone once said, the "soul" of the team.

I've posted this before- the first time I saw Willie Reed play was his freshman year at Chaifetz against GW. Willie blocked a shot at one end, ran the floor, and dunked at the other end. I exclaimed, SLU has needed Willie Reed my whole life.

Really, with light tinkering here and there, the missing piece for these SLU Billikens is the 5, the true Center.

Still, SLU is 13-3, and the sky remains the limit. Let's dance in March, as in the Big Dance, the NCAA!

Charismatic? Maybe. A thief and liar? Definitely. He was a plague to the team and needed to be gone. It took me a while to realize it, but I'm glad I did. We wouldn't be top 10 with Willie. Instead we would probably have a few more losses because he killed team chemistry. I wish him luck, but I don't worry about him being gone.

Loved Willie's athleticism and talent. Loved his fun for the game. Is obviously the "missing link" for now. You can focus on the positive, and the negative. What is obvious through it all is that this guy had no desire to be in school/stay in school. What is also becoming more obvious is that his priorities were and remain all screwed up. If the guy concentrates, he can maybe find a spot on an NBA bench somewhere or a D league team or overseas. What happened to Spain? If that happens, money would flow and the rest of his skewed life might fall into place. W/o a spot (i.e contract) the question becomes "would you like fries with that" or "is that for here or to go?"

Loved Willie's athleticism and talent. Loved his fun for the game. Is obviously the "missing link" for now. You can focus on the positive, and the negative. What is obvious through it all is that this guy had no desire to be in school/stay in school. What is also becoming more obvious is that his priorities were and remain all screwed up. If the guy concentrates, he can maybe find a spot on an NBA bench somewhere or a D league team or overseas. What happened to Spain? If that happens, money would flow and the rest of his skewed life might fall into place. W/o a spot (i.e contract) the question becomes "would you like fries with that" or "is that for here or to go?"

It was combination of him hurting his knee and becoming home sick