Official GDT: SLU - Oklahoma 8:00 ESPN2

davidnark

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about going to the stall. Mainly because I wouldn't call it a stall. I'd call it managing the game. When we have a defense that makes even fast paced offenses slow the pace it's about limiting their opportunities. If we can work 30 seconds off the clock each possession and make them use 15 we can keep them to 8-10 possessions in those last 6 minutes. If we are up 12 points are more they'd have to average 1.5 pts per possession at 8 possessions even if we don't score again. You also have to consider whether or not we are in the bonus which means they will send us to the line. RM rightfully believes in our defense and limiting their opportunities almost guarantees the win

I disagree about going to the stall. Mainly because I wouldn't call it a stall. I'd call it managing the game. When we have a defense that makes even fast paced offenses slow the pace it's about limiting their opportunities. If we can work 30 seconds off the clock each possession and make them use 15 we can keep them to 8-10 possessions in those last 6 minutes. If we are up 12 points are more they'd have to average 1.5 pts per possession at 8 possessions even if we don't score again. You also have to consider whether or not we are in the bonus which means they will send us to the line. RM rightfully believes in our defense and limiting their opportunities almost guarantees the win

+1 I wouldn't call what we've been running a real stall. With just a few exceptions we've still been getting good shots.

Trying to switch to radio web feed for post-game coverage. (not in STL). Is the ESPN 101 feed working? Or is it on a different station tonight?

I've been wondering about this too. The pre-game was on yesterday at 7:45, then just before the tip, it went silent, and hasn't been back up yet. You get a goofy ad, then silence. Anyone know what's going on?