OT Tressel and Ohio State

Taj79

... for Urban Meyer. They let the interim coach manage the disaster that will be this Fall, pat him on the back for weathering a very tough storm, see what the sanctions bring, and set the deck of th program for Meyer in 2012.

Meyer has already said he won't coach this fall, but said Ohio State was one of three jobs he'd kill for.

OSU nation had grown tired with the "Sweater Vest Offense" that stiffled all that talent. Watch out how good Ohio State will be when, not if, Meyer takes over. I don't think the rest of the Big Ten can keep up. Despite being one of the remaining monsters of the old "cold weather teams," if they get Meyer, the bar will get raised substantially.

When your athletic department makes more money than the GNP of some nations, this is how the big boys play.

Sad to see Tressel go, but it was the right call. Don't know how I feel about Meyer running the show, though. This season will likely be rough for the Buckeyes. I am surprised Metz didn't use one of his posts to start this thread....

Posted Image

OSU may not be in a position to hire Urban when all the dust finally settles. We haven't heard the worst of everything yet. I don't know if they will be able to hire a guy with 30 plus players arrested and the Cam Newton stuff floating around.

Urban Meyer recently bought a home in Upper Arlington, OH (suburb of C-bus). He will be the next HC at the Outlaw State University.

Here's hoping the Buckeyes get the SMU treatment from the NCAA.

Here's a good article on institutional control.

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2011/05/31/texas-football-and-institutional-control/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

The problems OU seems to have year after year and sport after sport is why I don't cheer for or follow them anymore after spending the 1st 35-40 years of my life as a die hard fan. I'm sure there are many schools that do it right. It's always confused me how an athletic department wouldn't know the large majority of what a kid drives, where he lives etc .... how hard can it be. The fact that SLU has never had a major violation or been put on probation and obviously holds players and staff accountable is a major reason why SLU is now "my school" even though I never have never attended a class.

Here's a good article on institutional control.

http://recruitocosm....medium=facebook

The problems OU seems to have year after year and sport after sport is why I don't cheer for or follow them anymore after spending the 1st 35-40 years of my life as a die hard fan. I'm sure there are many schools that do it right. It's always confused me how an athletic department wouldn't know the large majority of what a kid drives, where he lives etc .... how hard can it be. The fact that SLU has never had a major violation or been put on probation and obviously holds players and staff accountable is a major reason why SLU is now "my school" even though I never have never attended a class.

One would like to see OSU take it on the chin from the NCAA, but highly unlikely. They are like the big banks on Wall Street.... too big to fail. The fact that Tressel's gone wll appease the investigators and all will be well in Buckeye nation.

One would like to see OSU take it on the chin from the NCAA, but highly unlikely. They are like the big banks on Wall Street.... too big to fail. The fact that Tressel's gone wll appease the investigators and all will be well in Buckeye nation.

USC and OSU need to be made examples of by the NCAA. Thomas Jefferson once said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants. The SMU decision did not do enough or scare these institutions enough from complying with NCAA rules and regs.

It is time to refresh the NCAA Tree of Liberty with the crimson of both USC and OSU. Do it in memory of Myles Brand.

The desire to win will always outweigh the fear coaches feel. I give credit to the NCAA because they actually have cracked down on cheating programs in the last 20 years. The biggest difference now compared to 20 or so years ago is that the schools have to be a lot more creative in how they give benefits to the players. Back in the good ole days, school boosters would literally hand the money to the players. Today it's done in different forms and will continue to be. The more that coaches salaries and T.V. contracts rise, the more that illegal things will occur.

A couple of years back a star player from a Big 12 power-school had a part time job making about 20 dollars an hour. His job was to sit inside an air conditioned room and open a gate when trucks came through. The whole time working there he never had to open the gate. And that is not a joke.

A couple of years back a star player from a Big 12 power-school had a part time job making about 20 dollars an hour. His job was to sit inside an air conditioned room and open a gate when trucks came through. The whole time working there he never had to open the gate. And that is not a joke.

Sounds like a job for Super Mario Chalmers.

The pot of gold at the end of the NCAA rainbow is so large it can only lead to what mega-money leads to --- corruption. Money corrupts. There is so much money flowing through the NCAA titles in football and basketball --- evidenced by schools funding entire athletic departments through these two sports alone --- that the NEED toi remain in thi sechelon will far eclipse the DESIRE to do so, thereby forcing folks to take extreme measures.

Look at the NFL. How long until someone decides the college player is nothing more than a slave to the "man" perceived in charge? Namely the college. And if you pool all the colleges into one entity, say the NCAA, then by suing the larger mass it stands to reason more riches will be coming your way.

Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!