meanwhile.......

karl hobbs fired today. while i thought he was a horrible head coach, he always seemed to be a good recruiter adn came to GW with that rep from uconn. should we go after him as our assistant coach? i dont know enough about him to comment. i am sure courtside knows him personally. what say you court? steve, you have more insight?

karl hobbs fired today. while i thought he was a horrible head coach, he always seemed to be a good recruiter adn came to GW with that rep from uconn. should we go after him as our assistant coach? i dont know enough about him to comment. i am sure courtside knows him personally. what say you court? steve, you have more insight?

Yes, this would be great -- essentially we wouldn't have to scout GW, because he'd know the tendencies of almost every player.

Yes, this would be great -- essentially we wouldn't have to scout GW, because he'd know the tendencies of almost every player.

In spite of GW low finish this past year; his recent success must be fresh enough he will catch on someplace in the East even at a smaller school HC is going to make more than

we paid Porter. Why would we want a bad x and o coach?

I am stunned.

Here is GW's student newspaper article.

http://blogs.gwhatchet.com/courtside/2011/04/25/hobbs-let-go-from-post-as-mens-basketball-coach/?hp

I was not a big Hobbs fan. God he couldn't coach. But the new AD was just announced. I have no real insights beyond what is written in the above (a GW friend just IMed me, prompting me to come here to post)

In spite of GW low finish this past year; his recent success must be fresh enough he will catch on someplace in the East even at a smaller school HC is going to make more than

We have a good x and o's guy in Majerus. What we need is an able-bodied assistant that can recruit! It's ALL ABOUT RECRUITING!

Everyone seemed to love our last assistant that was a bad x and o coach. I personally would have no problem with it as long as he could recruit.

Hobbs out as GW coach

He had a top recruiting class coming in with a top 50 recruit among them. They had a decent conference season too last year.

The new AD decided that he wasn't going to get an extension. He wants to hire Mike Lonergan from Vermont. Lonergan was up for the George Mason job though, so the new GW AD had to pull the trigger. Lonergan should be hired shortly.