OT: Locker room disconnect

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_3869a700-a838-5b21-8349-afcd033fd012.html?mode=story

Pretty interesting little article about Mizzou and their new coach. It's interesting because of the comments made by Kim English. He says he likely would have transferred if Mike Anderson was still the coach.

It was obvious Anderson had lost the locker room late in the season, but wow! Strong words from one of the team leaders.

This is a prime example of how big of a role team chemistry plays. Without it, success is hard to achieve.

(Please don't let this turn into a Mizzou vs. SLU thread)

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/article_3869a700-a838-5b21-8349-afcd033fd012.html?mode=story

Pretty interesting little article about Mizzou and their new coach. It's interesting because of the comments made by Kim English. He says he likely would have transferred if Mike Anderson was still the coach.

It was obvious Anderson had lost the locker room late in the season, but wow! Strong words from one of the team leaders.

This is a prime example of how big of a role team chemistry plays. Without it, success is hard to achieve.

(Please don't let this turn into a Mizzou vs. SLU thread)

Interesting article.

Did not know this of Anderson but always felt Gregory had created the same environment at UD making it necessary for him to move on.

What did Kenny Rogers say "you have know when to fold them". Sometimes it catches up with you.

Wasn't one of Anderson's recruits his nephew? Some sort of relation? Was that English? If not, who and what is their status? Did this person graduate or are they still on the roster? Just curious.

Wasn't one of Anderson's recruits his nephew? Some sort of relation? Was that English? If not, who and what is their status? Did this person graduate or are they still on the roster? Just curious.

That was Demarre Carroll. Anderson also had his son on the roster though maybe not on scholarship; now he's on the coaching staff and another relative is also an assistant coach. I never liked that. Demarre Carroll graduated and was a late 1st round draft pick. Wasn't doing that well but made some good money in the NBA.

Thanks. For some reason, I thought Kim English, who is local here to Baltimore (Randallstown, I think), was his nephew (otherwise why would he go so far away to a non-typical basketball school). And then for him to say this, I thought "WOW!' But if he ain't then I get it. Again, thanks.

I wonder what English would think about Anderson if he had had the season every one expected of him.

English started the year on the Wooden award final 50 and ended the year riding pine.

Im curious if English didnt like playing for Anderson or didnt like how he played this year and confused the two.

I wonder what English would think about Anderson if he had had the season every one expected of him.

English started the year on the Wooden award final 50 and ended the year riding pine.

Im curious if English didnt like playing for Anderson or didnt like how he played this year and confused the two.

Probably a combination. The comments are interesting either way. IMO it was obvious Anderson had lost control of the team.

Just kind of sounds like sour grapes from a guy who got his feelings hurt because his coach left. English is a junior correct? Very unlikely he would have transferred for his senior season.

You are correct about him not transfering but he was in Anderson's doghouse all year. Played less than stellar defense. The opposing team's 3 position just dominated him. on top of that he took too many unadvised shots. Still, he's really popular with the team and the students.