Too's Tops and Tanks

The long awaited awards by Triangle are now in (Oscars - No, Grammies No - Screen Actors awards - No). After careful analysis of statistics and visual interpretations of games played, Triangle is ready too award the following prestigious awards:

1. Too's Top - Brian Conklin - Just a Freaking Warrior!!!!! Just battled every game against whoever in the lane under the boards,he didn't care, pounding, pounding, pounding. With virtually no help inside except for Evans, he did his Billiken job. Second on the team in scoring. Oh, by the way, All academic.

2. Too's Top No. 2. This may surprise but it was Mike McCall. Playing over 900 minutes as a freshman at point guard he was a glue in a team that really needed a glue at point. Lead the team in points scored (323). Should start next year.

3. Too's Top No. 3. Dwayne Evans. Playing out of position at a 4 for much of the season he lead the team in rebounds by a wide margin. Extremely quick going too the lane, he should be the starting 3 next year. Needs to improve on that 12 too 15 foot jumper

Too's Tanks:

1. Too's Tank No. 1. Christian Salecich. Was a virtual non contributor, except for playing with an extremely short bench. Just nothing that meant anything for a sophomore.

2. Too's Tank No. 2. Cory Remeken. Had a few spurts but showed no progress from last year. Seemed too be disinterested at times commiting stupid fouls. still young yes, but again, no progress from last year and no bulk and "Conklin" heart too play inside.

3. Too's tank No. 3. Kyle Cassity. Yes Triangle Knows. But Leadership was needed on this team and Kyle, although leading the team in minutes (978), his leadership wained through much of the season, not too mention his scoring - he just seemed too be lost about what too do instead of excepting the responsibilit on WHAT too do. He was 4th on the team in scoring (although his assists lead the team by far).

Too's Most Improved Players:

1. Rob Loe - His minutes were upgraded intoo a starting lineup position. Started too get intoo the lane for both rebounding later in the season as well as assists. 3 pt shooting improved with minutes Had as many assists (23) as Evans.

2. Jordair Jett - Hey, Jordair did not know, he just didn't - but. Great coaching with Jordair and his acceptance of that coaching as the season progressed improved his stability as a role player. Jett is a Type A personality player, calm down.

There you have it, Too's Tops and Tanks - except for one - Paul Eckerle

Paul, your efforts in the acedemic, cultural and sports environment at SLU are greatly appreciated, Much Thanks!

so it goes.

I guess Cody gets a free pass for the season. I know he had mono (not his fault), fireworks accident (his fault) and then the shoulder injury (not his fault), still he wasn't ready to play at all in the beginning of the year. He had a chance to step up and be the leading player on this team and he did the exact opposite of that. Right before he got hurt he had just started to even just attempt to defend and he had lost his will to score the whole year. I was much more disappointed with Cody's effort than with Cory's.

I guess Cody gets a free pass for the season. I know he had mono (not his fault), fireworks accident (his fault) and then the shoulder injury (not his fault), still he wasn't ready to play at all in the beginning of the year. He had a chance to step up and be the leading player on this team and he did the exact opposite of that. Right before he got hurt he had just started to even just attempt to defend and he had lost his will to score the whole year. I was much more disappointed with Cody's effort than with Cory's.

First, I'd agree w/ Too's list totally. Surprised myself. As for CE, I think that mono thing really hurt him. I've never had it, knock on wood, but people I know who have says it just knocks the heck out of you even after it's passed. So he gets a hall pass for that alone. But next year he's got to put in the time and effort to convince us he wasn't just a flash in the pan Frosh. One thing about D1 basketball or life in general, you won't make it on past performance. Here's hoping CE got the message this year and comes back storming.