next for Notre Dame....

the Oregon Ducks won the 1,000th game played at historic MacArthur court in Eugene over George Mason and go to South Bend next. Chris Thomas and the Irish have to deal with Andre Joseph and first team All American Luke Jackson to get to New York City. Stay Tuned.

Shoot. I watched that game and the ESPN 2 announcers (Carpenter, I think) were raving about the crowd at the Oregon building. One even mentioned that h wasn't sure Notre Dame would get the home game b/c of how great the atmosphre was at Oregon. Just awesome...as great as the Ft Wayne crowd was, this group was better on tv.

Mac Court opened in 1927 and is as old school as you can get. It is the most feared place to visit in the Pac 10. Think of the Wash U. fieldhouse with 3 balconies and 9,000+ capacity. The whole place was shaking last night especially when Jackson jammed on the flip back fast break pass that made Sportscenter from 3 different angles.

Luke was first team Pac 10, an an AA, just not first team.

... the Fort Wayne attendance issue? I thought reports said it was recently renovated and involved 11K or so seats. Then I think I saw from one of our psoters that the game was listed as a "sell-out." Then, the ESPN box score listed attendance at 7K. How come the discrepancy?

Second question ... do you think the NIT wants Michigan to make it to MSG as well? I don't recall them having an away game in all this. I know they hosted Oklahoma and now Hawaii has to come to them. Did they have a third game at their place as well? And they're matched up with the Notre Dame winner ... which I assume they expect it to be ND considering its at ND. Oh well ....

... maybe I subconsciously forgot that one because ... well ... y'know how we post at least one thread a day on that team that we seemed to be obsessed with ... and I think today's quota was met ....

But anyway, don't you find that interesting? Not one, not two but three home games for the mighty UM Wolverines????? Same for those pesky Irish guys? I think its obvious who the NIT had handpicked for that one. Let's see ...... Marquette is being sent on the road to Iowa State. But that's not fair because they did send the Cyclones to Florida State prior to that one. And Rutgers ... a local school given three games at home. Hmmmmmmm. Which would have meant two Big East schools and one Big Ten school getting what I would think is at least "favorable" schedules.

What about my question on the attendance? ESPN still lists the "crowd" at 7,390 and there were some posts below about the event being "sold out." I just checked the home page for that venue and basketball seating is listed at 12,500.... meaning the venue was at about 59% capacity. Let me beat the point to death ..... okay, I'll stop now.

Notre Dame is destined for NYC. Believe it.

The attendence issue at Ft Wayne is confusing. I read the 7,xxx figure in the box score as well. Having witnessed the crowd, the only empty seats were directly behind us in the band and that was at the most 50 seats. It certainly looked "sold out" to me. Perhaps the extra seats were comp seats? Maybe the NIT only looks to paid attendence not actual buts in seats.