Mike Beczkala-band director

lloyddobbler

I have always thought Dr. Mike adds incredible value to the gmaes. I try to travel to at least 2 road games per year and even at much more established programs, the games are not as fun. The one common thread in that is a weaker band than the SLU pep band. Props to Dr. Mike and all involved!

It's a great band and great to see the age range within it. The only nit I have to pick with the story though is......

"But at night, he assumes a new role, one that involves rocking out to songs like Bo Diddley's "I'm a Man" in front of hundreds."

Hundreds?????

Sorry mister Merkel but I'm guessing you haven't to a Bills game since the Ekker era.....

I have always thought Dr. Mike adds incredible value to the gmaes. I try to travel to at least 2 road games per year and even at much more established programs, the games are not as fun. The one common thread in that is a weaker band than the SLU pep band. Props to Dr. Mike and all involved!

The SLU band is the best Ive heard but I wouldnt say that other games arent as fun.

Other schools having women in attendance under the age of 65 more than makes up for thier crappy bands.

It's a great band and great to see the age range within it. The only nit I have to pick with the story though is......

"But at night, he assumes a new role, one that involves rocking out to songs like Bo Diddley's "I'm a Man" in front of hundreds."

Hundreds?????

Sorry mister Merkel but I'm guessing you haven't to a Bills game since the Ekker era.....

Yeah, what a joke. He's fired.

The SLU band is the best Ive heard but I wouldnt say that other games arent as fun.

Other schools having women in attendance under the age of 65 more than makes up for thier crappy bands.

Sorry, but besides the cheerleaders and Rachel Diener, i don't do much scouting for girls at the game. Thats what Lacledes is for. I think its fair to say that based on the current state of our program, that statement is accurate.

and I guess if you want to be nitpicky, I worded it wrong. I should have wrote "Dr. Mike gives SLU games an entertainment value advantage over competitors"