TT's Duquesne preview

bonwich

I don't have any confidence in our current guards' ability to handle the press. This could get really ugly tonight.

Also, you wouldn't have to worry about Loe guarding one of their smaller quicker players if we ever went away from a man-to-man, at least for a little while. Then, they would have to contend with Loe on the offensive end (where I think he is becoming more versatile).

CR and DE better get a lot of minutes tonight.

I think it is a bit extreme to say Paul isn't a D-1 player. I would agree that he shouldn't be on the floor when you are playing against super-athletes.

That's fair. Maybe I should have said he should not be more than a situational shooter on an A-10 team (ie he should not log major minutes)

IF MM, JJ, and KC can remain patient and handle the press, this should be a winnable game. If they don't handle it well, it could be ugly. Slow it down force the ball inside and make the Dukes play a half court game.

Exactly...It is definitely going to be a battle of the tempos...Duquesne run-and gun vs. Our...well, whatever the hell we run...

Duquesne beat Bowling Green by 36...hopefully that is an aberration