SLU baseball's recruiting class 2011

DirtyRican

http://www.slubillikens.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/120110aad.html

Looks like Coach Hendrickson really has the ball moving in the right direction with the baseball program. The staff is really excited about this recruiting class and apparently Perfect Game will be ranking it a Top 100 class in the nation. There are few other guys yet to ink the NLI but they are said to be pretty good players as well. The team returns a solid pitching staff and 7 starters not to mention Becker and Parker who both sat out last year.

It is nice to see another good recruiting class following an A-10 title and tournament appearance. It would be really nice to see the AD and Admin step up with some better facilities to help ensure the long term success of the program. A nice little baseball stadium would look great nestled in between Hermann and the Fetz.

Looks like Coach Hendrickson really has the ball moving in the right direction with the baseball program. The staff is really excited about this recruiting class and apparently Perfect Game will be ranking it a Top 100 class in the nation. There are few other guys yet to ink the NLI but they are said to be pretty good players as well. The team returns a solid pitching staff and 7 starters not to mention Becker and Parker who both sat out last year.

It is nice to see another good recruiting class following an A-10 title and tournament appearance. It would be really nice to see the AD and Admin step up with some better facilities to help ensure the long term success of the program. A nice little baseball stadium would look great nestled in between Hermann and the Fetz.

Of all SLU sports, Baseball may be the team making the most positive direction upward. Good stuff.

hendrickson has been a very good hire by saint louis university. to be honest, i was pretty much convinced the deck was really stacked against slu baseballwise and darren has proven otherwise.

They do really need to upgrade their facilities. I play in a baseball league in the summer where SLU is one of our home fields. That field was the worst I have seen it this past season - really bad shape in the infield. And at night, they really need to do something about the lights from the Fetz - it is really tough on hitters to see (not sure if it is the same for the college season). Lastly, they always seem to have issues with the watering system there - it is soaked way too often. Hopefully, they start taking better care of that field because it has the potential to be a great field.

They do really need to upgrade their facilities. I play in a baseball league in the summer where SLU is one of our home fields. That field was the worst I have seen it this past season - really bad shape in the infield. And at night, they really need to do something about the lights from the Fetz - it is really tough on hitters to see (not sure if it is the same for the college season). Lastly, they always seem to have issues with the watering system there - it is soaked way too often. Hopefully, they start taking better care of that field because it has the potential to be a great field.

A batter's eye was on the wishlist but for some reason I think it was shot down. For the most part most of the games are during the day but in the later innings it causes a problem. Maybe those trees back there will grow really really fast. You are right though, it has potential to be a nice field, someone just needs to step up and spend some money on it.

Roy-I agree with you, Darin has done and excellent job even considering what he has to put up with.

A batter's eye was on the wishlist but for some reason I think it was shot down. For the most part most of the games are during the day but in the later innings it causes a problem. Maybe those trees back there will grow really really fast. You are right though, it has potential to be a nice field, someone just needs to step up and spend some money on it.

Use that money from the bank that was allocated for the 50 new sonics in stl

Roy-I agree with you, Darin has done and excellent job even considering what he has to put up with.

Probably why you could never hit the southpaws