Christian Kirk

bk18

Did we make an offer?

Why on earth would he pick Missouri State over SLU?

Besides Otto Porter, is there anyone else in the mix for a scholarship offer?

Yes, we offered.

Part of his family lives in Springfield, and he has lived there most of his life. Missouri State had the in on him since day one. (His brother and sister both played there). Oh, btw, he was just deemed ineligible the other day, because he had already moved once. (He's back living in Springfield)

I have been browsing some scouting websites and looked back at Richmond's recruiting class.

Kevin Anderson of Richmond did not have a national ranking by scout.com and was only 2 stars.

Goes to show how little rankings actually mean.

You can always find a random example to "prove" rankings don't mean much but generally speaking they are a pretty good indicator of how good players will be. A class of 4 star players is far more likely to be good than a class of nothing but 2 star players. Is it a guarantee, of course not but I'd take my chances.

By the way, Nate tweeted an article on Kirk's ineligibility a few days ago. What a bunch of crap by MSHAA and St. Charles West.

You can always find a random example to "prove" rankings don't mean much but generally speaking they are a pretty good indicator of how good players will be. A class of 4 star players is far more likely to be good than a class of nothing but 2 star players. Is it a guarantee, of course not but I'd take my chances.

By the way, Nate tweeted an article on Kirk's ineligibility a few days ago. What a bunch of crap by MSHAA and St. Charles West.

Mainly St. Charles West. MSHSAA was just following their rules, albeit bad rules.

SCW checked the box that he was transferring for Athletic purposes on his transfer papers.