Randy Albrecht

kevinfootes

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/other/article_be3987ca-f685-5b21-840b-751fc47c33d7.html

A really nice article by Rick Hummel. This is a good read for newbies to the program. ;)

Nice article on Randy. WOW, that brings memories with King and Moulder in the back court.

For those of you that think things are bad now, one only has to rememeber those years after Randy.

Thanks for the article Footes.

Nice article on Randy. WOW, that brings memories with King and Moulder in the back court.

For those of you that think things are bad now, one only has to rememeber those years after Randy.

Thanks for the article Footes.

Some things never change. What's more important, winning or the Budget? How do you think that would be answered today?.

Wasn't it Dave Door (sp)?

-Dorr was also there, he could have been the beat writer, i remember hearing Hummel on an interview when he made the hof talking about how he covered SLU bball which lead me to remember reading his bball articles

-i liked Dorr's bball stuff, i guess he retired??

-i like Hummel's writing as well

-i think it is Dorr, could be wrong though

I don't remember about basketball, but Rick (aka "The Commish") did cover hockey. I made a road trip with him and with the team to Bowling Green (for whom Toledo is the "big city") in 1977-8. Our visit to a Toledo disco with the skate squad ("Billiken Blades?" Whatever they were called, we had cheerleaders-on-ice) is the stuff of legend.

Anybody know whatever happened to Bill Demzik? (The KBIL radio voice of the Billikens.)