Portland Game

Per the official SLU press release today...

Following the Action: Fans can follow Tuesday's game on Portland's official athletic Web site, www.portlandpilots.com. Click here at game time for free video and live stats.

Does anyone else think it is funny that SLU is referring people to Portland's web site for free video instead of pushing people to buy their package.

Per the official SLU press release today...

Following the Action: Fans can follow Tuesday's game on Portland's official athletic Web site, www.portlandpilots.com. Click here at game time for free video and live stats.

Does anyone else think it is funny that SLU is referring people to Portland's web site for free video instead of pushing people to buy their package.

SLU doesn't have video for this game. The online video is only for home games.

I was hoping to get up there, but can't make it due to work and logistics.

At this point, I think SLU is a slight underdog. But this is a winnable game. Given the totality of the circumstances, and playing a long way from home, we'll have to see what happens.

Portland established itself as the #3 team in the WCC last season, but has had many past years of futility. Portland lost a number of players, but I recognize the names of some of the returning players. Frankly, I'll be surprised if Portland is as good this season as it was last season. The Portland Coach played at Stanford under Mike Montgomery.

I've never been to a game up there, but the Chiles Center looks like a nice gym, capacity 4,852. I've seen some games on TV from there.

Hopefully, SLU is getting a return visit from Portland next season. Does anyone know re that?

I was hoping to get up there, but can't make it due to work and logistics.

At this point, I think SLU is a slight underdog. But this is a winnable game. Given the totality of the circumstances, and playing a long way from home, we'll have to see what happens.

Portland established itself as the #3 team in the WCC last season, but has had many past years of futility. Portland lost a number of players, but I recognize the names of some of the returning players. Frankly, I'll be surprised if Portland is as good this season as it was last season. The Portland Coach played at Stanford under Mike Montgomery.

I've never been to a game up there, but the Chiles Center looks like a nice gym, capacity 4,852. I've seen some games on TV from there.

Hopefully, SLU is getting a return visit from Portland next season. Does anyone know re that?

-come on Bay Area, it can't be more than a 12-14 hour drive one way, can it?? ;)

-i don't rememeber if they are coming here or not, but this is to get Conklin close to home for a game

-this close to home thing had me wondering if we accomodate those requests when we get them?? i understand unc, that is easy and a game we would want any time, but do we try to be the 'host' school?

-come on Bay Area, it can't be more than a 12-14 hour drive one way, can it?? ;)

-i don't rememeber if they are coming here or not, but this is to get Conklin close to home for a game

-this close to home thing had me wondering if we accomodate those requests when we get them?? i understand unc, that is easy and a game we would want any time, but do we try to be the 'host' school?

I have to be in Modesto. That's what's messing this up for me.

For those who were wondering about Rockhurst and our record,

considering RPI is only based on D-1 teams, it doesn't count for RPI. So basically if you want it to count, it can. But RPI does not include it.

Thanks. So if we say that we are going to win 18 this season, do you think that it would include Rockhurst or not?