Men's Soccer Video

Pirahna

Good to see a win. Hopefully they can put a few together. Also nice to hear that over 5,000 people showed up. Myabe, just maybe there is some enthusiasm for the Billikens right now and that Fetz will be packed come basketball season. I am going to try to go to tomorrow night's game. I usually try to go to one or two a year.

Any news on Mike Roach? Is he healthy?

Roach was still limping pretty bad Saturday.

He had on a full-leg wrap- looked like the velcro-strapped removable kind- so he was walking like a pirate. With one of those, it's probably hard to say if it's being left on as a precaution until he's ready to start drills or if he still has a long time to go.

As for it being a barn burner, I actually thought this was a very exciting game. The first half saw a lot of great opportunities for SLU right in front of the Drake net, and the Drake goalie made a ridiculous save on a header (from a nice cross) he had no time to react to. Their only shot that half came near the end after their striker won a 50-50 ball on an ill-advised charge out of the box by Shackleford; he literally had a wide open net and shanked it high. I liked what I saw from our guys overall; such a young team but a lot of promise.

I left before it was over, though; between the rain, wind, and steadily dropping temperatures, my little sis (visiting HS senior) and fiance couldn't sit there any longer.

Good to see a win. Hopefully they can put a few together. Also nice to hear that over 5,000 people showed up. Myabe, just maybe there is some enthusiasm for the Billikens right now and that Fetz will be packed come basketball season. I am going to try to go to tomorrow night's game. I usually try to go to one or two a year.

Any news on Mike Roach? Is he healthy?

As far as attendance goes, it was a "typical" homecoming crowd, similar to last year and less than two years ago, etc...

SLU draws well for homecoming annually. The added fans come for the postgame fireworks and other activities. I haven't noticed anything different or unusual about SLU's crowds in a very long time.