SLU Schedule

p diddy

Pretty decent analysis. Gotta love Earl.

The more I look at the schedule the more impressive and worrisome it appears.

The obvious OOC tough games: Duke, Georgia and at MSU.

Games the I feel could sneak up and bite us:

@ Portland: They finished 3rd behind St mary's (which they beat in one of their meetings)and Gonzaga last season and everyone predicts they will be at least that good again. Their only conference losses were to Gonzaga twice, once by only 3 points, once to St Mary's and an overtime road loss at Loyola-Marymount which finished 4th.

Jacksonville: They finished tied for first in a very, very competitive and evenly balanced Atlantic Sun last season and finished tied for the most overall wins in the league. They beat AZ in the NIT.

IN Cancun:

Northeastern: They finished 3 spots and 3 games ahead of VCU last year including beating VCU both times head to head. Rick better have the boys ready.

Either Southern Miss or East Tenn State---both are very tough. S Miss won 20 games last year and they are primed to contend for the C-USA title and NCAA's are the realistic expectation this season. E TNST is the only other 20 game winning Atlantic Sun team team besides Jacksonville and they finished only one game out of First place in the conference. They made the dance last year.

Plus the grudge match with BG.

@ Portland: They finished 3rd behind St mary's (which they beat in one of their meetings)and Gonzaga last season and everyone predicts they will be at least that good again. Their only conference losses were to Gonzaga twice, once by only 3 points, once to St Mary's and an overtime road loss at Loyola-Marymount which finished 4th.

Jacksonville: They finished tied for first in a very, very competitive and evenly balanced Atlantic Sun last season and finished tied for the most overall wins in the league. They beat AZ in the NIT.

IN Cancun:

Northeastern: They finished 3 spots and 3 games ahead of VCU last year including beating VCU both times head to head. Rick better have the boys ready.

Either Southern Miss or East Tenn State---both are very tough. S Miss won 20 games last year and they are primed to contend for the C-USA title and NCAA's are the realistic expectation this season. E TNST is the only other 20 game winning Atlantic Sun team team besides Jacksonville and they finished only one game out of First place in the conference. They made the dance last year.

Also, IUPUI won't be a walk in the park either...they beat Duquesne last year...

IN Cancun:

With all of this in mind, it would be interesting to see what these other teams are saying about playing us. Predicting easy wins? Competitive losses? While we would like to think that we are going to march all over them, like some expect Duke to do to us, I am sure that these teams that more or less also tasted success last year do not have these chalked up as certain losses.

GA is the worrisome game and could turn out to be a dance maker or heart breaker. I think GA will do well in the SEC this year and has a good shot at the dance. An L at home to them won't help come selection Sunday if we're a bubble team. A W might put us over the top. GA's got height, athleticism, and experience going for them. I sure hope the local press builds it up as such and we get a sixth man crowd roaring at Cheyfetz. As for Duke, an upset would be huge but highly unlikely. If it happens and we do as expected in the A10 we might be feeling very comfortable on Selection Sunday. MSU deserves a beat down for trumping us in our place last year w/o KM. Time to turn the table on these boys.

GA is the worrisome game and could turn out to be a dance maker or heart breaker. I think GA will do well in the SEC this year and has a good shot at the dance. An L at home to them won't help come selection Sunday if we're a bubble team. A W might put us over the top. GA's got height, athleticism, and experience going for them. I sure hope the local press builds it up as such and we get a sixth man crowd roaring at Cheyfetz. As for Duke, an upset would be huge but highly unlikely. If it happens and we do as expected in the A10 we might be feeling very comfortable on Selection Sunday. MSU deserves a beat down for trumping us in our place last year w/o KM. Time to turn the table on these boys.

I couldn't agree more about the GA game. It is a monster for us.

MSU will get what it has coming to them. I am going to try to make that game. There definitely needs to be a SLU contigent in the crowd.

I just hope we have a good showing at Duke. Sure, I hope we win, but that may be asking just a bit much. As long we are competitive--honestly I hope we really make a great game out of it. This is by far the best shot at national exposure this season before the Dance.