New rankings out. Beal no. 6, McLemore no. 9

In all honestly, the state of Florida probably has more quality teams than Missouri. So saying because Beal won State and Rivers didn't doesn't really make much sense in this situation.

RM would take Rivers in a heartbeat if Rivers wanted to come to SLU regardless of his flashiness.

I did not mention the state tournament because of the quality of teams. I mentioned it just to let people know I saw Rivers in about five or six games this year including the state tournament. I saw him more often than I saw Beal this year. By the way, beal's team did not win state this year. The teams I saw in Florida were quite a bit stronger than many teams in Missouri. If RM had a choice between Beal and Rivers, I believe he would choose Beal.

One of our targets, Otto Porter, is top 100 in some lists.

He's a top 100, 4 star on rivals. I've already mentioned this, but he isn't playing AAU this summer, so that may keep him from exploding like many kids do the summer before their senior year. All signs show he is in love with Mizzou, which isn't a good sign for us. But, he would be a good, and feasible land.

Kid is a stud and apparently SLU was his 1st offer. Nice job. He's the state's top prospect for 2012 and with mclemore gone the 2nd best player overall after Beal.

I don't know about that. Porter is pretty damn good from everthing I have heard. Beidschied is pretty good though and a year younger.

Brian, here's my take

1. Beal

2. Biedscheid

3. Young

4. Porter

Here's a little Biedscheid footage for you.

Keep in mind that Biedscheid is now 6'6, Porter is 6'7. Biedscheid has the edge in nearly every category except strength. With added strength and ballhandling, Biedscheid will be unguardable. He is one of the best pure shooters in the country, long and athletic, extremely quick and nimble and crafty. And he might still be growing. He's grown 8 inches in the last 2 years.

Brian, here's my take

1. Beal

2. Biedscheid

3. Young

4. Porter

Here's a little Biedscheid footage for you.

Keep in mind that Biedscheid is now 6'6, Porter is 6'7. Biedscheid has the edge in nearly every category except strength. With added strength and ballhandling, Biedscheid will be unguardable. He is one of the best pure shooters in the country, long and athletic, extremely quick and nimble and crafty. And he might still be growing. He's grown 8 inches in the last 2 years.

That is some nice footage of Biedscheid. His shooting form looks perfect. Please don't play AAU!

Has Beal recommitted to Florida or is he still deciding?

That is some nice footage of Biedscheid. His shooting form looks perfect. Please don't play AAU!

Has Beal recommitted to Florida or is he still deciding?

Beal never decommited. Rivers has reopened recruitment and some speculated Beal might do the same.

Rickma would roll out the red carpet for Austin. He is Doc's kid.

Yeah, this is an interesting point that many people may not realize.

I think Rick was the head assistant coach for Doc Rivers' first 3 years at Marquette and head coach his senior year.

In fact, "Doc" Rivers name was made by Majerus when he was in high school. I don't know what kind of terms they are on now, but I would imagine they still stay in touch on occasion.

I realize that Rivers coming to SLU isn't drinking the blue Kool-Aid, but dreaming about drinking the blue Kool-Aid, but I thought the Rivers-Majerus relationship was an interesting factoid that many people may not be aware of. And I'm not trying to suggest Rivers may even consider SLU.

-------

2 questions,

-Do top players like Beal and Rivers ever wait until the spring to sign with a team?

-I thought I remember some talk about Beal and Rivers wanting to play side by side, is this true?