Recruit

Buddy of mine says a 6-8 kid from ?Dodge City, a class I school in MO, impressed at the Majerus/SLU bball camp recently. Anderson is high on him as well. His school was the state champ for Class I, and the kid is going into his Jr year.

That is all I know. Anyone able to fill in some blanks on him?

mhg

Buddy of mine says a 6-8 kid from ?Dodge City, a class I school in MO, impressed at the Majerus/SLU bball camp recently. Anderson is high on him as well. His school was the state champ for Class I, and the kid is going into his Jr year.

mhg

The kid was impressed by the camp. Or the kid impressed RM? or ?

mhg

I believe you're referring to Otto Porter.

He goes to Scott County Central, a school down by Sikestown. He's suppose to be a good big man with a huge upside. His team plays a tough schedule (somewhat national), so don't be fooled by the small class. He isn't playing any AAU this summer, so that should make him a little easier to get since he won't be displayed as much as some other recruits.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/mosports/basketbal...o-Porter-108410

SLU made a couple offers to players while they hosted the SLU Elite camp and Nike camp the last couple weeks.

Porter doesn't play summer ball. He's 6'7 really skinny, good athleticism, can't shoot but is more comfortable handling the ball on the perimeter and on the break than say Jon Smith or Willie Reed. Porter is a crazy rebounder, has a nose for the ball more than anyone on the Bills current roster. His offensive game is a work in progress. Doesn't have a much of a post game and would need to get much bigger to be able to use it, has some perimeter skills but can't shoot the ball outside of the paint. He's a tweener like Smith, just a little bigger with more upside and has a couple skills, rebounding, that are excellent.