Cotton signs with NY Yankees

It's been almost 40 years since we've had a Billiken make it to the big leagues. Let's hope he gets there. Congrats and good luck to Mr. Cotton!!!!!!

Taken of the SLU website:

Since 2007, eight Billikens have been drafted or have signed to play professional baseball. Former Billikens Zach Outman and Dave Sever, both of whom were drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in 2009, remain active with Major League organizations. Outman is completing a stint in extended spring training, while Sever is with Class A Lansing. Both played last season for the Auburn (N.Y.) Doubledays, a short-season Class A affiliate.

Taken of the SLU website:

Since 2007, eight Billikens have been drafted or have signed to play professional baseball. Former Billikens Zach Outman and Dave Sever, both of whom were drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in 2009, remain active with Major League organizations. Outman is completing a stint in extended spring training, while Sever is with Class A Lansing. Both played last season for the Auburn (N.Y.) Doubledays, a short-season Class A affiliate.

Big Leagues.

Congratulations to SLU's Bryant Cotton on being signed with the NY Yankee Organization! Best wishes!

He'll do well with the NYY organization. I believe he is reporting to Staten Island, so he'll be able to easily see the big club play. Here's hoping we see you in the show, meat.

He'll do well with the NYY organization. I believe he is reporting to Staten Island, so he'll be able to easily see the big club play. Here's hoping we see you in the show, meat.

Good to see a Billiken sign with a MLB organization, too bad it had to be the evil empire though.

don't you mean lucky to sign with the World Champs :lol:

Rican, how is the Yanks farm system these days? When Gene Michael was running the show, it was always pretty solid, save for a few terrible trades (see Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps).

Rican, how is the Yanks farm system these days? When Gene Michael was running the show, it was always pretty solid, save for a few terrible trades (see Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps).

I would say they are doing a pretty good job with the core 4 still hanging around winning rings. Throw in Hughes one of the more exciting young pitchers and the sweetest lefthanded swing in baseball of Cano.

I personally don't know Cotton so I won't pass judgement on the kid. However, you sound like you are the man.

Im a student and I have never personally met him but I have heard similar things. I also overheard him at Humps trying to pick up a girl and his pickup line involved the word "scouts" and "drafted". Now Im all for hooking up but I just wish she was attractive...

Im a student and I have never personally met him but I have heard similar things. I also overheard him at Humps trying to pick up a girl and his pickup line involved the word "scouts" and "drafted". Now Im all for hooking up but I just wish she was attractive...

I just didn't think it was cool for him to be called a dbag on the board.

I just didn't think it was cool for him to be called a dbag on the board.

The kid has an ego problem. He's going nowhere past AA. It takes a classy player with good character to make it to the majors. You can have an ego when you are in the majors but any sooner is an issue.

If you disagree with me, you ether are Cotton or you haven't met him.

The kid has an ego problem. He's going nowhere past AA. It takes a classy player with good character to make it to the majors. You can have an ego when you are in the majors but any sooner is an issue.

B) I'm just glad we have you to pass judgement on people. So he's 21 and has an ego. That's why he's not in the majors. This so called class you speak of will come with age. Kid's got skills. Do I think he can make it? Maybe but I know I'll be following his and Brock's careers.

First off, I have no problem with the kid. Sure, he's a little cocky, but he's actually a nice guy.

And if you think guys in the minors don't have an ego, you are slightly delusional. Some of those kids sign for millions, and I'd say a large majority have some sort of ego. Or at least to the same extent as Cotton.

Just sounds to me like somebody is jealous. That's very unfortunate that you have to bring the kid down. Good for him using his God-given talents to play baseball, help the Billikens reach the NCAA tournament and advance in his career. That's something that all of us on this board, myself included, cannot say. Congrats to Mr. Cotton.

My first encounter with him was in the BSC. I opened a door and it accidentally hit him on his back (gently) and he threw me against the wall and wanted to fight me. I said "Sorry I didn't know you were on the other side of the door." He said "Get the F*** out of my way and watch the F*** where you are going next time or I'll F***ing knock you to the ground." I think he was texting on his phone and not paying attention. To see a "sturdy" athlete react to a slight nudge from a door like that speaks for itself. I've heard from someone else that this kind of reaction is just his personality.

I'm not jealous at all... Nothing to be jealous of.

I judge atheles more by their character than accomplishments. I admit my comments on him were not classy at all. But its my 2 cents and its just a blog.

My first encounter with him was in the BSC. I opened a door and it accidentally hit him on his back (gently) and he threw me against the wall and wanted to fight me. I said "Sorry I didn't know you were on the other side of the door." He said "Get the F*** out of my way and watch the F*** where you are going next time or I'll F***ing knock you to the ground." I think he was texting on his phone and not paying attention. To see a "sturdy" athlete react to a slight nudge from a door like that speaks for itself. I've heard from someone else that this kind of reaction is just his personality.

I'm not jealous at all... Nothing to be jealous of.

I judge atheles more by their character than accomplishments. I admit my comments on him were not classy at all. But its my 2 cents and its just a blog.

Just to note, Cotton is African-American. Please watch your comments. I understand it's your two cents and thank you for admitting your lack of class, but some might regard them as racially-driven. Let's not let that happen. You seem like a good poster, and btw, this is more than a blog.