OT: question for Skip

Hey texasfanskip :P , is Jerry Jones crying in his beer over the potential loss of hosting a series of championship games in his new playground? I'm sure he'll get his share, but it's going to be hard to sell the virtues of Dallas in December over Phoenix, LA, Bay Area, Seattle, etc. Not to mention Houston.

Yep it's definitely a hard sell to bring people to Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington. That's why were hosting that lil' ol' game called the Super-Bowl, thats why we hosted that other lil' game the NBA All-Star Game (highest attended ever), that's why we get second rate events like upcoming NCAA Final 4, that's why the most popular boxer in the world Manny Pacquiao just fought here, that's why UNC v. UT BB played there. Such a terrible place 3rd busiest airport in the world, over 6 million people and a shoddy run down stadium. Even large amounts of money and high level sponsors like AT&T won't save this train wreck.

Oh yeah and by the way:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/06/12/22...didate-for.html

Hey texasfanskip :P , is Jerry Jones crying in his beer over the potential loss of hosting a series of championship games in his new playground? I'm sure he'll get his share, but it's going to be hard to sell the virtues of Dallas in December over Phoenix, LA, Bay Area, Seattle, etc. Not to mention Houston.

I've never met Jerry Jones, so I'm not exactly sure how he's feeling.

Why are you asking me? Have I ever extoled the virtues or claimed to be a fan of Texas Stadium, or Jerry Jones? Do you have a point or a question?

Yep it's definitely a hard sell to bring people to Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington. That's why were hosting that lil' ol' game called the Super-Bowl, thats why we hosted that other lil' game the NBA All-Star Game (highest attended ever), that's why we get second rate events like upcoming NCAA Final 4, that's why the most popular boxer in the world Manny Pacquiao just fought here, that's why UNC v. UT BB played there. Such a terrible place 3rd busiest airport in the world, over 6 million people and a shoddy run down stadium. Even large amounts of money and high level sponsors like AT&T won't save this train wreck.

Oh yeah and by the way:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/06/12/22...didate-for.html

DFW will host many events. Who said otherwise? You are absolutely making sh!t up.

Let me guess...you're not from Texas. You are one of those people who moved their for a job but ran out immediately and bought fancy boots. :lol:

Unlike Obama I know where my birth certificate is and it says I was born in TX. Don't have to be from here or have any measure of TX pride to refute your idiotic point.

I don't speak idiot so you'll have to explain to me what sh!t I'm making up?

Unlike Obama I know where my birth certificate is and it says I was born in TX. Don't have to be from here or have any measure of TX pride to refute your idiotic point.

I'll slow things down for you. I never posted anything bad about Dallas. You are making posts like "if Dallas is such a terrible palce". Show me exactly when I posted that Dallas was a "terrible" palce. You can't, obviously. You're just making things up.

I HAVE made posts to suggest that Dallas won't have the title game as often with a Texas conference switch, considering that I believe it was scheduled there for the next 3 or 4 years.

I HAVE made posts suggesting the LA, Phoenix, etc. were better December destinations. I'll stand by that.

Way to work lame politics into the thread! You must have started your drinking early today. :lol:

I've never met Jerry Jones, so I'm not exactly sure how he's feeling.

Why are you asking me? Have I ever extoled the virtues or claimed to be a fan of Texas Stadium, or Jerry Jones? Do you have a point or a question?

you seem to be in the know on what's happening with the conference shakeup. I thought your contacts might have an idea. No big deal.

Perhaps but do you know who your daddy is?