Mountain West Eying KU and MU

here's the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

Loving this but MWC is too powerful still for MU football that is one tough conference and MU will bring them down just when they were lobbying for a BCS bid

Could really open up those huge recruiting grounds in Utah and Idaho for them though so that's a real plus.

here's the link

Loving this but MWC is too powerful still for MU football that is one tough conference and MU will bring them down just when they were lobbying for a BCS bid

Could really open up those huge recruiting grounds in Utah and Idaho for them though so that's a real plus.

While the mountain west certainly isn't the ideal landing ground, a conference with MU, kU, KSU, Boise St, BYU, Utah and TCU would be a pretty solid conference, especially in football. Ideally we'll still get the call from the B10 (lots of things still need to shake out before that door is completely closed), but the SEC and Big East are also still possibilities.

here's the link

And Missouri will play in the MWC/MVC challenge which starts this year :P

Hell yeah didn't even think about that. However, the change could take 2 yrs.

They may very well end up in a good conference. I am just enjoying the consternation that is going on in Tiger Nation right now.

I would love to see them get @Missouri state in their first year of the MWC, that would have to be salt in the wound of the big 12 breakup

If Tx A&M goes SEC, KU might be asked by the P10 to fill their spot. And if that happens, KU's not going to give a Flying F*** about KSU. Self's worried right now... about recruiting primarily. MU's never been mentioned by P10, so it doesn't seem they fill that last spot. But how about SEC? SEC said yesterday they're not raiding the ACC. Where else do they go to get those final 3 teams if they get A&M? Likely candidates, KU (unless P10 comes to their senses and offers them), MU, Baylor, KSU, ISU (not very likely), Memphis may even figure into this mix. MU will find a home and it will be in a BCS conference, most likely the SEC.

Rumor is that if A&M goes SEC, the Pac-10 fill-in invie is Utah. Again, no one wants Kansas ans th rest of the Big 12 left behinds --- KState, Mizzou, Iowa State and Baylor.

If Tx A&M goes SEC, KU might be asked by the P10 to fill their spot. And if that happens, KU's not going to give a Flying F*** about KSU. Self's worried right now... about recruiting primarily. MU's never been mentioned by P10, so it doesn't seem they fill that last spot. But how about SEC? SEC said yesterday they're not raiding the ACC. Where else do they go to get those final 3 teams if they get A&M? Likely candidates, KU (unless P10 comes to their senses and offers them), MU, Baylor, KSU, ISU (not very likely), Memphis may even figure into this mix. MU will find a home and it will be in a BCS conference, most likely the SEC.

Why would the PAC 10 want Kansas? The only reason they're taking Okie State is because they've been licking the boots of Texas. As I've posted on here before, the PAC 10 moves will be a big waste of time if they don't land Texas and Oklahoma.

Rumor is that if A&M goes SEC, the Pac-10 fill-in invie is Utah. Again, no one wants Kansas ans th rest of the Big 12 left behinds --- KState, Mizzou, Iowa State and Baylor.

I've seen different info- that Stanford actually wants Kansas ahead of A&M, with for seemingly the first time, basketball being considered. But A&M still is ahead with that 72 hour window to decide on the Pac-10. Significant A&M elements are favoring the SEC over the Pac-10.

Why would the PAC 10 want Kansas? The only reason they're taking Okie State is because they've been licking the boots of Texas. As I've posted on here before, the PAC 10 moves will be a big waste of time if they don't land Texas and Oklahoma.

Pac-10 would be interested in Kansas given its traditional national power basketball program, academics, and bringing the Kansas City market. As per my other post, there was one report out there that Stanford favors Kansas over A&M.

One big issue with Kansas is its longstanding relationship with K-State. There is only 1 potentially open Pac-10 slot.

Also mentioned are cultural differences with A&M (and Baylor for that matter).

Not being said is too much power again going to the State of Texas (Big XII is the case study from history).

This being said, A&M is still first in line, and the Pac-10 Commissioner is reportedly visiting College Station today.

here's the link

In the last day, I've read that Mizzou, in essence, is going to wait this out. There is still some expectation that the Big Ten is going to expand eventually to 16 teams.

Pac-10 would be interested in Kansas given its traditional national power basketball program, academics, and bringing the Kansas City market. As per my other post, there was one report out there that Stanford favors Kansas over A&M.

One big issue with Kansas is its longstanding relationship with K-State. There is only 1 potentially open Pac-10 slot.

Also mentioned are cultural differences with A&M (and Baylor for that matter).

Not being said is too much power again going to the State of Texas (Big XII is the case study from history).

This being said, A&M is still first in line, and the Pac-10 Commissioner is reportedly visiting College Station today.

Football is driving this, and that hasn't been the Kansas strong suit. KU also hasn't been the Texas lapdog that many of the others have been. If Stanford is worried about academics, they might as well look for another conference at this point.

Acamedic talk is a complete joke among all of these conferences, including the Big 10. Wasn't it the great Andy Katzenmoyer who couldn't read but managed to get through THE Ohio State?

In the last day, I've read that Mizzou, in essence, is going to wait this out. There is still some expectation that the Big Ten is going to expand eventually to 16 teams.

Big 10 may go to 16, but they feel like they've gotten what they want out of western expansion. ND is on their list, and it looks like Missouri is behind Rutgers, Maryland, and Vandy at this point. Despite many reports on here and elsewhere, no Texas schools were on the Big 1o radar...at least according to the Big 10 commissioner.

Football is driving this, and that hasn't been the Kansas strong suit. KU also hasn't been the Texas lapdog that many of the others have been. If Stanford is worried about academics, they might as well look for another conference at this point.

Acamedic talk is a complete joke among all of these conferences, including the Big 10. Wasn't it the great Andy Katzenmoyer who couldn't read but managed to get through THE Ohio State?

I think academics would be a lower criterion in deciding between A&M and KU, as in not as important as 4 things:

1. KU's basketball program was specifically mentioned. I read somewhere about UCLA and Kansas potentially being in the same basketball conference.

2. KU brings the KC market; the Pac-10 would already have Texas covered.

3. Cultural issues.

4. Too much power again being ceded to Texas and its satellites.

This being said, it looks like the slot is A&M's to refuse. A&M former athletes, including John David Crow, are now being heard to favor A&M staying with Texas.

I think academics would be a lower criterion in deciding between A&M and KU, as in not as important as 4 things:

1. KU's basketball program was specifically mentioned. I read somewhere about UCLA and Kansas potentially being in the same basketball conference.

2. KU brings the KC market; the Pac-10 would already have Texas covered.

3. Cultural issues.

4. Too much power again being ceded to Texas and its satellites.

This being said, it looks like the slot is A&M's to refuse. A&M former athletes, including John David Crow, are now being heard to favor A&M staying with Texas.

I think that's why Utah is being considered.