Evans

slu72

Anyone else thinking this kid might be the find of the year as in a real gem in the rough? Hopefully, he's a slasher from the 3 with a decent outside shot. Just basing this on his all star game writeups and the fact he made the first team in the Trib's all state team.

Anyone else thinking this kid might be the find of the year as in a real gem in the rough? Hopefully, he's a slasher from the 3 with a decent outside shot. Just basing this on his all star game writeups and the fact he made the first team in the Trib's all state team.

He handles the ball well and should get even better at it. He can drive AND finish well. His shooting range is beyond the three point line. I believe he is going to surprise many SLU fans in a positive way.

He handles the ball well and should get even better at it. He can drive AND finish well. His shooting range is beyond the three point line. I believe he is going to surprise many SLU fans in a positive way.

I hope you are correct. Let's hope he also has the work ethic it takes to become and remain successful at the D1 level--He should already be training for next season now--conditioning, weight training, ball skills, shooting drills, etc.

Let's hope he truly is the 3 we have all been wanting for some time.

I can't wait for next year. It's going to be fun.

I am now drinking the blue kool aid in buckets so please understand my precarious situation of being over the top on our Bills--but from my point of view I think this incoming class is absolutely fantastic. Any one of these players would have been considered a great recruit by us Billiken fans in the days gone by. The press reports on the skill and ability of our two Chicago recruits should be enough to get everyone excited and then to add a high quality, excellent shooting internationally renowned big man really puts it over the top. To add these three to such an outstanding group of returning players is awesome. The only caveat would be that we all know that it takes a while for frosh to acclimate and it takes several years for a big man to fully develop so the real big time breakout for this team might not come until KM, Willie, Brian and Kyle are seniors. It should be really fun to watch this team develop!!!!!!!!!!

I am now drinking the blue kool aid in buckets so please understand my precarious situation of being over the top on our Bills--but from my point of view I think this incoming class is absolutely fantastic. Any one of these players would have been considered a great recruit by us Billiken fans in the days gone by. The press reports on the skill and ability of our two Chicago recruits should be enough to get everyone excited and then to add a high quality, excellent shooting internationally renowned big man really puts it over the top. To add these three to such an outstanding group of returning players is awesome. The only caveat would be that we all know that it takes a while for frosh to acclimate and it takes several years for a big man to fully develop so the real big time breakout for this team might not come until KM, Willie, Brian and Kyle are seniors. It should be really fun to watch this team develop!!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt that any one of these guys would be greeted like the second coming if they had been signed in a class let's say three or four years ago. The recruiting standards right now are so much higher it's ridiculous. We're on here arguing if a kid who was picked for the Nike hoop summit is going to come in and star, for Pete's sake! I personally have been beer bonging blue kool-aid for several months now.

I have not seen Evans play. From what I (we) have read, though, wasn't one of the weaker points of his game (at least a few months ago) his outside shot? If so, and with the 3 point line having been moved back a little bit last year, I am not counting on him to be our zone breaker. Am I wrong on this?

I have not seen Evans play. From what I (we) have read, though, wasn't one of the weaker points of his game (at least a few months ago) his outside shot? If so, and with the 3 point line having been moved back a little bit last year, I am not counting on him to be our zone breaker. Am I wrong on this?

You are correct. But his jump shot has improved greatly and if that progression continues I bet he will be a very good shooter by the time he is an upperclassmen.

You are correct. But his jump shot has improved greatly and if that progression continues I bet he will be a very good shooter by the time he is an upperclassmen.

We can only hope so. Glaring weakness this past year was our lack of outside shot and scoring production at both the 2 and 3 spots.

Due to the increased speed of the college game, together with great size, strength and quickness of the players, outside shooting is much harder at the college level. There is a real adjustment which needs to be made from high school to college. Even current players, guys like KC who were considered good outside shooters in high school, have learned that the outside shoot at the college level - especially in tough/close games - can be really tough.

Looking forward to this Fall.

I do not believe he will be one we count on as a zone breaker. He at the moment is like some other players we have. He can shoot it from there but probably not as accurately as the coaches would like.

I've seen him play a few times. There is one major problem that I see coming up. He got great size, but because of this size he found himself playing against centers that were the same size. Naturally he could dominate the game just because he had 3 to 7 inches on guys guarding him. A SLU comparison. A weaker Femi. Ball handling, shooting and strength need to improve if he wants to contribute. McCall on the other hand, is the complete package. This guy can do it all, hes gonna be a stud.