Look who Temple gets to play next year

-Old Spice Classic with Boston College, California, Georgia, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, and Manhattan. (play 3 games)

-Obviously, Penn and Villanova again

-Georgetown at home

-Seton Hall at home

-5 MAC games

I am jealous

Temple's going to be very good again.

Temple is going to be tested that is for sure. However, I don't know how "good" this schedule will make them. My rationale: the college game runs through the guards. Temple has a good one in Juan Fernandez but he looks like one good forearm shiver from the fifth row and a trip to disabled list. I don't think that will happen and I'm not advocating it and I also think he's sly and does a lot to MAKE himself look that way for deception. But Temple lost two senior guards in Luis Guzman and Ryan Brooks. And they only played six or seven deep so no one was really developed. Moore was a good sixth man but is a three; Williams is a 6'9" three-point wannabee so Allen and Eric were alone on the front line. If I were us --- I'd send Mitchell, John, Jordan, Salecich and McCall all at Fernandez --- that's 20 fouls to give (never giving Mitchell's fouls away ever). I'm not even sending Cassity into that realm. Take Fernandez out of the game and you will beat Temple.

With nothing developed, per se, that means Dunphy has to rely on the incoming freshmen and I am certain Temple will surprise and get one or two no one hears or knows about that are "Philly good." But with Fernandez a junior and with two more years to play, is a top notch point guard going to want to come into that situation? I think not and besides it is Temple --- top notch point guards go to Nova in town; other Big East schools so they can come home other years.

Temple will be schedule tested but might be road weary. What if Allen braks down? All I'm saying is that they are not deep and staying healthy is a luck not every team enjoys each year. Right now, hoever, both Fernandez and Allen are on my preseason All A10 team for 10-11.

I think you are right in that they will need to find a PG. I do wonder if they are thinking about moving Fernandez there, but that would hurt their attack a little bit.

I think Moore and Jefferson will be good starters. They showed some things as freshmen. They will be tough everywhere but PG. Of course, they do have some young guards on the team that didn't play much. They could just get them to step in and not ask them to do a whole but just concentrate on not turning the ball over to the other team.

With nothing developed, per se, that means Dunphy has to rely on the incoming freshmen and I am certain Temple will surprise and get one or two no one hears or knows about that are "Philly good." But with Fernandez a junior and with two more years to play, is a top notch point guard going to want to come into that situation? I think not and besides it is Temple --- top notch point guards go to Nova in town; other Big East schools so they can come home other years.

Why not? Mike McCall is coming to SLU two years behind Kwamain Mitchell. McCall is "Chicago good."

many people thought temple would slide after losing dionte christmas and his 20 points a game. They have one of the top point guards in the leauge and one of the top bigs and a few good pieces around them, plus an excellent coach in dunphy. their schedule is par for the course going back to the chaney years. temple plays everyone.

bad boyz for life