Conditioning for next year for SLU

Was it merely conditioning, lack of good bench players for rotation or what made our guys wear out, start getting hurt, etc.

Is this fixable or do these players lack the ability to take all that hacking or hand checking and keep grinding it out?

Was it merely conditioning, lack of good bench players for rotation or what made our guys wear out, start getting hurt, etc.

Is this fixable or do these players lack the ability to take all that hacking or hand checking and keep grinding it out?

Lack of depth and youth killed us. The former made it tough to get any rest during the game and the latter made it where we utilized practice time more for learning as opposed to conditioning.

Fixable problems.

Lack of depth and youth killed us. The former made it tough to get any rest during the game and the latter made it where we utilized practice time more for learning as opposed to conditioning.

Fixable problems.

Butler's sophs played a lot as freshman. Other than KM and BC our sophs didn't get all that much their FR year. Just guessing that the Butler kids knew better than we did how important being in shape was for the long haul. They did seem to play with very fresh legs. Even WR said it after the last game, something like, "we've got to get in better condition over the off season."

Besides working on their games, everyone on the team needs to hit the weight room with the dedication to become physically stronger for next season. Butler's sensational run should convince our team that there is the chance for a reward at the end for those that work hard.

Butler's sophs played a lot as freshman. Other than KM and BC our sophs didn't get all that much their FR year. Just guessing that the Butler kids knew better than we did how important being in shape was for the long haul. They did seem to play with very fresh legs. Even WR said it after the last game, something like, "we've got to get in better condition over the off season."

KC also played a lot as a Soph and Willie played a fair amount of minutes. We have to remember even with JJ we didn't have much of a rotation at guard. During that last tourney KC, KM, and CS were playing a lot of minutes and twice on 1 days rest.

KC also played a lot as a Soph and Willie played a fair amount of minutes. We have to remember even with JJ we didn't have much of a rotation at guard. During that last tourney KC, KM, and CS were playing a lot of minutes and twice on 1 days rest.

Skip, I was talking about KC and WR's fr years. Yes they played a fair amount but still not enough to get the feel for what kind of shape you have to be in to play 30-35 mpg. They do now for sure. Actually, I was pretty amazed at WR's mpg this year and the energy level he seemed to play them.

Skip, I was talking about KC and WR's fr years. Yes they played a fair amount but still not enough to get the feel for what kind of shape you have to be in to play 30-35 mpg. They do now for sure. Actually, I was pretty amazed at WR's mpg this year and the energy level he seemed to play them.

Willie played 1 minute per game less than BC as a Freshman. I was surprised when I looked it up.

KC played 17 mpg about 5 less. I think for him it was the total minutes he played along with the increase in minutes combined with the huge amount of time in the CBI tourney at the end. Kyle played more minutes this year than Tommie did in 3 of his 4 years and more than Kevin ever did.

I hope we don't need KC to play over 30 mpg next year, but adding 6 games after the end of the conference tourney will be a lot of games.