OT - Bryan Burwell @ Lambert last night

slupkt04

Guest BillikenReport

I'd like to see them go with a WR in that spot, someone like Benn from Illinois, who I think will still be on the board at that point.

Benn scares me a little bit.

He wasn't very productive with the Illini, but was it because Illinois didn't have quarterbacks that could get him the ball or was it because Benn just isn't very good? I don't know.

The Rams also scare me, because they picked Donnie Avery two years ago when they could have had DeSean Jackson.

I like Golden Tate, but I'm not sure what kind of NFL player he will be. The big WR from Georgia Tech might be a good choice there as well.

He wasn't very productive with the Illini, but was it because Illinois didn't have quarterbacks that could get him the ball or was it because Benn just isn't very good? I don't know.

The Rams also scare me, because they picked Donnie Avery two years ago when they could have had DeSean Jackson.

I like Golden Tate, but I'm not sure what kind of NFL player he will be. The big WR from Georgia Tech might be a good choice there as well.

Golden Tate would do well in a Wildcat offense. If he is still on the board when Miami picks, they will be foaming at the mouth. I'll even dust off my R. Finkle jersey for the 2010 season.

In the case of Benn's productivity or lack thereof, I blame Juice Williams for that. He also had some injuries. I like his size and speed though.

IIRC, Devaney seemed to indicate that DeSean Jackson's douchebag factor played a major role in them taking Avery first. And the draft decisions that year were still influenced by Shaw/Zyg too.

I like Tate as well, but don't know enough about the kid from GT except that he has a similar build to Benn. Denario Alexander could actually be a later-round steal, provided his injuries aren't too severe.

Also, Burwell strikes me as a friendly guy. Why he gets so much flak in St. Louis is odd.

I think I know why.

I've generally liked BB, although his writing can be a little flowery at times. He seems like a good guy, and I like seeing him represent STL on The Sports Reporters.

I'd like to see them go with a WR in that spot, someone like Benn from Illinois, who I think will still be on the board at that point.

I think Benn is the Second best reciever in the draft. I would be happy if he was still available at the start of two. I like him a lot more than Tate.

Golden Tate would do well in a Wildcat offense. If he is still on the board when Miami picks, they will be foaming at the mouth. I'll even dust off my R. Finkle jersey for the 2010 season.

Big fin fan here, I see Parcells and Co. going D in the first few rounds and then try and get a steal at WR late. They are actually high on the guys they have with the exception of Ginn.

People make it seem like there is a huge amount of disparity between Avery and Jackson. There isn't. If you put Avery on the Eagles he's probably better than Jackson or just as good.

If everything's equal I would want Suh over Bradford but our QB situation has been so horrible we have to take a QB. Wish we could draft down. Even if we did draft Suh it isn't like he alone would put us over the top or make us competitive. The Rams have 5 starters on offense and defense that are legit starters on good teams. It is going to take a lot more than one player on either side of the ball to get this team to even 5 or 6 victories.

Guest BillikenReport

People make it seem like there is a huge amount of disparity between Avery and Jackson. There isn't. If you put Avery on the Eagles he's probably better than Jackson or just as good.

You really believe that? Jackson is one of the best playmakers in the NFL.

Avery has 100 catches for 1,263 yards in his first two seasons, an average of 12.5 yards per catch, with nine total touchdowns.

Jackson has 124 catches for 2,068 yards in his first two seasons, an average of 16.7 yards per catch, with 16 total touchdowns -- including three punt return TDs.

I agree that Avery hasn't been as disappointing as some people would suggest, but he's not Jackson.