What the Dance is teaching SLU

slu72

A few things:

1.) There's more parity in College Hoops. Not only getting 5 mids in the sweet 16, but a lot of other mid v BCS games have been really close. We played, with two exceptions, all the top A-10 teams tough. We're not that far away.

2.) A lot of this years NCAA teams are not senior dominated squads. There's a fair number of Sophs and Jr's playing key roles. It will be tough again next year to make the dance. Our sophs become Jrs and Fr become Sophs.

3.) You don't need Mickey D All Americans to be a successful program. There are a lot of gems in the rough out there. McCall and Evans hopefully are two of them. KM, WR, KC certainly are.

4.) Being basketball savvy and relentless can neutralize athletic teams. RM's making us both, also playing in the CBI is important to feel the pressure of one and done.

5.) Good big men tend to dominate these tourney games. See St. Mary's and Cornell. Let's get Loe! And WR and CR work it hard over the summer.

6.) Australian players are helping their teams make big leaps. CE and CS had this year to adjust to D1. Staying here for the summer and a full practice in the fall should improve their games.

Looks to me like we have all the elements in place to make a run next year.

A few things:

1.) There's more parity in College Hoops. Not only getting 5 mids in the sweet 16, but a lot of other mid v BCS games have been really close. We played, with two exceptions, all the top A-10 teams tough. We're not that far away.

2.) A lot of this years NCAA teams are not senior dominated squads. There's a fair number of Sophs and Jr's playing key roles. It will be tough again next year to make the dance. Our sophs become Jrs and Fr become Sophs.

3.) You don't need Mickey D All Americans to be a successful program. There are a lot of gems in the rough out there. McCall and Evans hopefully are two of them. KM, WR, KC certainly are.

4.) Being basketball savvy and relentless can neutralize athletic teams. RM's making us both, also playing in the CBI is important to feel the pressure of one and done.

5.) Good big men tend to dominate these tourney games. See St. Mary's and Cornell. Let's get Loe! And WR and CR work it hard over the summer.

6.) Australian players are helping their teams make big leaps. CE and CS had this year to adjust to D1. Staying here for the summer and a full practice in the fall should improve their games.

Looks to me like we have all the elements in place to make a run next year.

What makes you think the Aussies will stay for the summer? They need to. I hope they do. I wonder if Ellis will return if he goes home.

What makes you think the Aussies will stay for the summer? They need to. I hope they do. I wonder if Ellis will return if he goes home.

Someone said on CE's facebook he's in the place he'll be for the next 4 years, and so he better get used to it.

FB creeper. I hope you aren't creepin and a '72 graduate - that's just weird.

Thats a bit harsh. I don't know 72 personally but hes been on this board a long time and I'm sure a billiken fan for a LONG time. Why can't someone have a facebook and be friends with Cody if they graduated in 72. Come on bk!

I think it's odd for someone to object to looking at a social-networking page. It's a public website. It's like putting an ad in the newspaper. So if you put a personal ad in the paper, are you going to get angry because people from a certain demographic see it? It's not like it's personal letters, e-mail, or a personal journal.

Social networking, not personal communication.