Pathetic

It's no use arguing with an person of your intelligence.

Hes right Moytoy, AN person like you are just plain dumb. Come on Gary, It cannot be satisfying pretending to be a fan of a team just so you can take shots at them is just pitiful.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cassity has a good offensive night, we win this game. He played really good D though...

Lavoy Allen almost outrebounded our entire team...

Oh, and 5-24 from 3 needs to change!

Against the 16th ranked team in the country we did not hit shots, we played poorly and the refs were awful yet we were right there with a minute to go if Willie hits the two free throws. Of course if it frustrating to lose but you and BLEEDBLUEGARY can kiss my a$$ if you are going to rip this team. They played hard and they never gave up. I am sick to my stomach of fair weather fans.

Fair weather fan?

Section 118 knows who I am. I haven't missed a game in 4 years.

Quit looking through your blue colored glasses.

Against the 16th ranked team in the country we did not hit shots, we played poorly and the refs were awful yet we were right there with a minute to go if Willie hits the two free throws. Of course if it frustrating to lose but you and BLEEDBLUEGARY can kiss my a$$ if you are going to rip this team. They played hard and they never gave up. I am sick to my stomach of fair weather fans.

Some pretty basic execution and we could have won this game. But that proves you are right AS WELL AS many criticisms of the game. You might think that "pathetic" is too strong of a word for what you saw on the court, but the 2nd half of that game was pretty darn close to it. I'm proud of the job we have done all season and I love this team. I think we have a great future, but that doesn't protect them from some pretty valid criticisms. The 2nd half was one of the worst coached halves since Majerus has been here I'd say, and the shot selection was some of the worst I've seen from SLU without the buzzer about to ring.

Refs were terrible. That Juan Fernandez guy is a little *****. He faked like he got fouled on every shot he took.

I'm going to take that as a compliment to Juan. You must be under the age of 18 to react like that though...

I'm so sick and tired of teams saying that "Temple didn't get our best shot".

How many teams have given Temple "their best shot"?

Richmond and Kansas. It's Temple that causes these bad nights for other teams, whether or not you are willing to admit that.

Fair weather fan?

Section 118 knows who I am. I haven't missed a game in 4 years.

Quit looking through your blue colored glasses.

I have gone to games for 40 years-so what -My point is that if you become like the idiot Gary and dont understand that sometimes teams just dont play perfectly against good teams then you dont understand sports and young kids--ours are all frosh and sophs. You are the one who is pathetic--not our team.

I'm going to take that as a compliment to Juan. You must be under the age of 18 to react like that though...

Richmond and Kansas. It's Temple that causes these bad nights for other teams, whether or not you are willing to admit that.

Good defensive teams always make the opposing teams look bad. Whenever we win, the other team says "we played terrible."

That said, we missed 19 3's, many of those good looks. Now, part of that is good defense, but part is us just missing. I don't think Temple got our best shot, but that is not important, because they did get the win.

I have gone to games for 40 years-so what -My point is that if you become like the idiot Gary and dont understand that sometimes teams just dont play perfectly against good teams then you dont understand sports and young kids--ours are all frosh and sophs. You are the one who is pathetic--not our team.

Kan, it is OK to question a team. They are young, but that doesn't make them exempt from criticism. And our 62- year-old coach is certainly not expempt from criticism.

Haha.

The only thing I said against "our kids" was that Willie needs to make his free throws. You gonna disagree?

Majerus was out coached.

Good defensive teams always make the opposing teams look bad. Whenever we win, the other team says "we played terrible."

That said, we missed 19 3's, many of those good looks. Now, part of that is good defense, but part is us just missing. I don't think Temple got our best shot, but that is not important, because they did get the win.

You honestly think a lot of those were good looks? For a large percentage of their 3 point launches, I could have looked away from the screen and been confident that they missed.

Either way you guys have a solid team, especially for years to come.

Kan, it is OK to question a team. They are young, but that doesn't make them exempt from criticism. And our 62- year-old coach is certainly not expempt from criticism.

To call our team pathetic is ridiculous--I am sorry but I will never believe that is appropriate.

Sure you can second guess the coach. He is a terrible coach because we went 1-18 from the three point line in the last 10 minutes or so. If we hit a few of those shots he is a great coach because we win the game. But maybe we could have done something else.

If Cassity has a good offensive night, we win this game. He played really good D though...

Lavoy Allen almost outrebounded our entire team...

Oh, and 5-24 from 3 needs to change!

Coach has to be painfully aware that we have maybe 4 players who strive for the ball and also painfully aware that we do not rebound. Time after time

we were blocked out so we had no chance to rebound or for put backs.

If it had not been for our defensive intensity we would not have stayed close; last year's team or the year previous could have been taken 90-60 against

this team. Allen (24) was a load. We scored some baskets in the post but he controlled his area, well.

Their guard play was in our face; we must have a reputation for being patsies as they really mugged us. Conklin, again, was the only player who could

stand up to them and the refs got him out of the game early-he did not foul out but missed a lot of time when he could have helped us.

Billikan you don't get it. You can still not play perfectly and win as Temple and Xavier did to us. I don't care what you think of my opinion and that is exactly what it is my opinion.

But I promise you, you didn't get our best shot...But if we beat you in the A-10 Tourney at least I know we got your best shot....That will be really nice knowing we straight up beat a top 15 team.

Haha.

The only thing I said against "our kids" was that Willie needs to make his free throws. You gonna disagree?

Majerus was out coached.

Read your first post which was the one I was reacting to--you call the team pathetic in the second half--They played hard but shot horribly--that is the way I would describe it. I would never call the team pathetic--EVER!!!!!!!!!!

To call our team pathetic is ridiculous--I am sorry but I will never believe that is appropriate.

Sure you can second guess the coach. He is a terrible coach because we went 1-18 from the three point line in the last 10 minutes or so. If we hit a few of those shots he is a great coach because we win the game. But maybe we could have done something else.

Again, I think you're missing the boat on this one. To act like the topic of a thread is an attack on the moral fiber of our players is reading a little much into it I think. No one called the TEAM pathetic, but rather their performance in half of the game tonight. If you don't think we were "pathetic" as a team in the second half, coaches AND players, then come up with your own synonym for their play. I know that MM loves this team to a fault and is frustrated because he is sick of us giving away some potentially big wins.

On the whole they played hard and didn't give up. Maybe that will hang you up from calling the 2nd half "pathetic". So call it disappointing, call it upsetting, call it infuriating, or call it a damn shame. It all boils down to the fact that no one is happy with the play in the 2nd half or the outcome of the game.

Again, I think you're missing the boat on this one. To act like the topic of a thread is an attack on the moral fiber of our players is reading a little much into it I think. No one called the TEAM pathetic, but rather their performance in half of the game tonight. If you don't think we were "pathetic" as a team in the second half, coaches AND players, then come up with your own synonym for their play. I know that MM loves this team to a fault and is frustrated because he is sick of us giving away some potentially big wins.

On the whole they played hard and didn't give up. Maybe that will hang you up from calling the 2nd half "pathetic". So call it disappointing, call it upsetting, call it infuriating, or call it a damn shame. It all boils down to the fact that no one is happy with the play in the 2nd half or the outcome of the game.

best post of the night so far.

To call our team pathetic is certainly unacceptable. I love this team and they are great. Their is nothing wrong with calling a team's performance pathetic.

Im sure Majerus_Magic does not think the team is pathetic.

Read your first post which was the one I was reacting to--you call the team pathetic in the second half--They played hard but shot horribly--that is the way I would describe it. I would never call the team pathetic--EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Read the post again, Billikan.

Never said the team was pathetic. I called the second half pathetic.

If you took a minute to read the following post you would see that my main complaint is with Majerus.

Keep seeing things how you want. I'm sure you think everything is just fine.

Chalk the loss to youth, inexperience, really anything you want, but the fact is that we could have won this game.

At what point do excuses stop?

Read the post again, Billikan.

Never said the team was pathetic. I called the second half pathetic.

If you took a minute to read the following post you would see that my main complaint is with Majerus.

Keep seeing things how you want. I'm sure you think everything is just fine.

Chalk the loss to youth, inexperience, really anything you want, but the fact is that we could have won this game.

At what point do excuses stop?

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Of course we could have won this game if we had played better or shot better but we didn't. These kids are very young and believe it or not they are human beings, not robots. They make mistakes. They miss shots. They are inexperienced. Yet they played a top 16 team tough to the end and fell short. That is not an excuse, it is a fact. From my point of view we are about one year ahead of where I thought we would be in terms of our position in the conference. I thought it would be next year before we could break into the top 5. You make it sound like we are a top 10 team with a bunch of seniors who lost to an also ran.