Channel 11 News

How can it not get much lower than that? Getting an education at a top 100 public university for a relatively low cost? Continuing my education past high school? Maybe you should check yourself on what "low" means.

Or is this just a matter of athletics? Maybe the lowest of the low could be the SLU students who don't even go to their home games?

I'm really impressed by the fact that you know which team won the NIT and NCAA in the same year. I guess i'll defer to you on all basketball matters from here on out. Is that how you debate? It's a good thing more people don't argue like you do.

I can see it know.

Person A: I don't think it's uncommon for voters to become disenfranchised with their current leader during times of economic hardship.

Person B: How do you know that? Quick, name the only president to have a prosthetic jaw! oh, you don't know? Guess i'm more intelligent as far as political matters go, chump.

Honestly, perhaps if you want to prove your superiority to me on an internet message board, you could think out your posts first. TIME LIMIT!!!!OMG!

that's really low, man. You don't even know who I am, and yet you feel that it's ok to criticize my financial situation? You know, I try to take everything with a grain of salt here, but (and pardon my french) f*ck you, man. Not all of us have 27,000 dollars a year to just shell out for college, and many of us choose to go to schools that don't make us live in debt until we're 40 paying off student loans.

I let a lot of stuff (a lot of stuff) slide on this board.

But let's just say you are on some very (extremely) thin ice when you are throwing out personal attacks like you are.

It is one thing to insult someone's basketball knowledge, but to make assumptions about someone's financial status is riduculously classless.

Am I a chump because I attended Public school? You don't know my financial status...Maybe I attended public school, wasting your money, because I couldn't afford anything else.

Are all the people who recieve financial aid chumps? Since I am sure a lot of people who attend SLU get some sort of financial aid, and I am sure they would love you calling them chumps. Are you wasting your money on them?

Also Mizzou does get a lot of crap on this board, but it is a fine institution that are educating some of the smartest people I know. So don't be calling it not a "real" education.

You owe an apology sir, and fast.

Steve

I don't get involved in things like this often, so don't think I am not serious

thanks for stepping in slusignguy. i didn't appreciate the use of the f-bomb by cheesycow or whomever that was. i didn't appreciate his insinuations that i have 27,000 dollars a year to drop. i can almost guarantee that i pay less than he does on school per year.

i didn't say he (or you for a matter of fact, steve-o) was poor. some of the wealthiest persons i know attend public schools. going to a public school does not determine how much one can afford. how much one can afford (usually) determines where one attends school. everyone is given a fighting chance in life, so either this young man has chosen to slack off or wasn't that smart to begin with. judging by his posts, he obviously isn't stupid, so he must be slacking off (spending too much time on billikens.com...heh heh heh). so the claim that he can't afford a real education was taken much too seriously...i just hate it when people make claims like ...public schools are available at a "relatively low cost"...

and i hate it even more when people mess with my billikens.

I'm sorry for dropping the f-bomb, but it's not so level a playing field as you'd like to imagine. I got into plenty of schools, but couldn't afford to go to them because of strict financial aid policies. Going to Mizzou isn't akin to "slacking off" and your insinutation that it is is insulting to me, other MU students, and some pretty close friends of mine (and steve's for that matter). I could have gone to SLU, had I wanted to, but it was not a financially viable option. It's not so simple as saying "study hard, go to an expensive school." I was an honor-roll student in High School with steve, and I chose to go to MU after considering my financial options.

You told me that i "couldn't afford a real education." I wouldn't say that to someone I know in person, much less to someone I don't know over the internet. That's a direct stab at myself, and my parents whose profession doesn't enable them to buy my way into a school like Wash U or Northwestern.

I don't try to "mess" with your billikens, either. I consider myself a Billikens fan, I try to follow what happens with them, and I try to keep up with them. I'm rooting for them to make it to the final four in the NIT, where hopefully they'll meet my tigers and lose in a close one. That's the hope of every fan, the best for their first team, and I don't begrudge you that fact.

You have to understand, as a Mizzou fan I don't harbor any hatred for SLU fans, which is totally different than the experience of a SLU fan. That's not to say either side is wrong, but SLU fans see Mizzou fans as mortal enemies as far as college basketball goes, whereas SLU fans are either seen as the 3rd rival of some mizzou fans, or in many cases as the "2nd team."

I would just appreciate it if you wouldn't attack my wealth, as it's incredibly uncouth to do in any situation. I wouldn't criticize you if you were working 2 jobs to support yourself and a family (that's probably not the case, but just making a point), and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to make any claims that my financial situation altered my ability to think and reason. I'll do you that same respect.