Anyone regret the lack of a coach's show?

1. Yes, you were being critical, and brought up a sore subject that has been bantered about 100+ times. Everyone knows that. Some moderator, stirs up ca-ca all the time.

2. What? Are you using some type of female-based-logic on me or something? If so, it is not fair. I do not get it. But nice try.

"Female-based logic"? Look right in the mirror! FAIL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Yes, you were being critical, and brought up a sore subject that has been bantered about 100+ times. Everyone knows that. Some moderator, stirs up ca-ca all the time.

2. What? Are you using some type of female-based-logic on me or something? If so, it is not fair. I do not get it. But nice try.

Also, I see you didn't find anything to support your claim that I've been critical of Coach Majerus, so you resorted to an ad hominem attack.

So, as a moderator I'm not supposed to have and/or express an opinion? Talk about "ca-ca"!

Are you seriously using the worst recession since the 1930's to prove radio is dead? I guess the airlines, the US steel industry, the US auto industry and pretty much every other industry is dying because 2009 sucked and they have structural problems in their market.

I'm not saying go buy Emmis stock but this is not a dying industry. Also I do listen to a lot of free radio broadcast over the internet using outfits like radiotime dot com.

Some industries are going to emerge from this- slowly- and be fine in the long run. We'll always need certain things. Radio has challenges far beyond slumping ad revenues, though. Manufacturers of mobility devices, such as Apple, are doing quite well in the face of this economy.

I can't imagine it will be much longer before I can take an iPhone, bring up a live audio broadcast of the SLU game, and plug that into the AUX jack in a car (notice how all cars have those now?), and listen to the game from car stereo no matter where I am. I've already made listening to music and talk on the radio worthless as long as I have my iPod, with a full slate of the music and podcasts I want, handy. Live streaming events from the car will be the one of the last ways to totally kill the need for radio, where a massive chunk of each hour is dominated by commercials. If I can customize what I listen to at any given time to my own tastes, and also get whatever live events I want, from a single device, then why on earth would I put myself at the mercy of ad revenue-driven radio corporations?

thicks, to your point, I completely agree. Majerus should be doing this show. I am a firm believer in marketing your program in every way possible, especially one that is struggling to grow and compete. If I were in his shoes, I'd be engaging the students in every way possible (I can't stand him, but Tom Crean knocked on every dorm door on Marquette's campus), doing the weekly radio show, speaking at the monthly booster meetings, making as many pals as possible in the local press, interacting with fans via social media, keeping open lines with all AD people and staff, and just promoting the program every way I could. Doing the radio show is nothing but positive. Majerus doesn't think like us, unfortunately. But the good thing is he's also building a winner and that's starting to show, and the radio show is insignificant compared to that.

Some industries are going to emerge from this- slowly- and be fine in the long run. We'll always need certain things. Radio has challenges far beyond slumping ad revenues, though. Manufacturers of mobility devices, such as Apple, are doing quite well in the face of this economy.

I can't imagine it will be much longer before I can take an iPhone, bring up a live audio broadcast of the SLU game, and plug that into the AUX jack in a car (notice how all cars have those now?), and listen to the game from car stereo no matter where I am. I've already made listening to music and talk on the radio worthless as long as I have my iPod, with a full slate of the music and podcasts I want, handy. Live streaming events from the car will be the one of the last ways to totally kill the need for radio, where a massive chunk of each hour is dominated by commercials. If I can customize what I listen to at any given time to my own tastes, and also get whatever live events I want, from a single device, then why on earth would I put myself at the mercy of ad revenue-driven radio corporations?

thicks, to your point, I completely agree. Majerus should be doing this show. I am a firm believer in marketing your program in every way possible, especially one that is struggling to grow and compete. If I were in his shoes, I'd be engaging the students in every way possible (I can't stand him, but Tom Crean knocked on every dorm door on Marquette's campus), doing the weekly radio show, speaking at the monthly booster meetings, making as many pals as possible in the local press, interacting with fans via social media, keeping open lines with all AD people and staff, and just promoting the program every way I could. Doing the radio show is nothing but positive. Majerus doesn't think like us, unfortunately. But the good thing is he's also building a winner and that's starting to show, and the radio show is insignificant compared to that.

You may stream things to your devices directly but there will either be a fee for the service or commercials. You can stream the radio broacasts now. The thing is you're still listening to the radio.

Also, I see you didn't find anything to support your claim that I've been critical of Coach Majerus, so you resorted to an ad hominem attack.

So, as a moderator I'm not supposed to have and/or express an opinion? Talk about "ca-ca"!

The initial post about regret for the lack of a coach's show was a critcism of RM, and you know it.

That is far as I needed to go.

You stirred up an old subject, that Majerus is not on the 101.1 FM Monday show that SLU had been slotted to do. No one knows the real terms, conditions, committments, etc, but the RM bashers are all over him that he should be on there with, what, a few hundred listeners and if he does not, then that is unacceptable, etc.

He is 62, heart problems, travelling all over the eastern 1/3 of the country, wasting a lot of time on commericial jets because SLU did not honor its committment to take the team charter.

SO basically, he told the world he does not have time to do the show.

Now, Thicks, you have brought it up again. Are you going to find a back door way to go to his MVC thing, too? Please do not.

To summarize, you are being back-door-sneaky-critical of Majerus, period. Coach's show.

The initial post about regret for the lack of a coach's show was a critcism of RM, and you know it.

That is far as I needed to go.

You stirred up an old subject, that Majerus is not on the 101.1 FM Monday show that SLU had been slotted to do. No one knows the real terms, conditions, committments, etc, but the RM bashers are all over him that he should be on there with, what, a few hundred listeners and if he does not, then that is unacceptable, etc.

He is 62, heart problems, travelling all over the eastern 1/3 of the country, wasting a lot of time on commericial jets because SLU did not honor its committment to take the team charter.

SO basically, he told the world he does not have time to do the show.

Now, Thicks, you have brought it up again. Are you going to find a back door way to go to his MVC thing, too? Please do not.

To summarize, you are being back-door-sneaky-critical of Majerus, period. Coach's show.

I think you just want to read whatever you want into things. I miss the show. I think SLU could do something to accommodate Majerus and WXOS and us.

Nice dig about the MVC. I know that's where you really want to be, since you love the conference so much. I posted a link to an online panel discussion on STLtoday that posters here had not been aware of. That's not really bringing up the subject. The subject had already been brought up. Apparently, you're one of those people who likes to shoot the messenger when you can't fix the real problem.