Rick Majerus > Lorenzo Romar

RUBillsFan

Let's go to the videotape. The tape appears to be from the early 1930's.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
ugggggh, i can't watch that kind of video. makes me want to puke. i never could handle "theismann hits" all that well anyway and then i blew my own leg out. no way now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"romar honored his commitments." Really? Was he honoring his commitment to the players when he bolted for Washington?

He was "positive about all things slu." Really? So positive that he left. Also, you may want to google some of the quotes out of Romar's mouth after he was gone. By no means was he mean to SLU, but he was very open about it not being the easiest place to coach. Maybe had he been a little grumpier and stopped smiling, things would have changed while he was here.

You said he was a better person than Rick. Apparently, in your world a good person talks with everyone and has a smile on his face? You are a bad person if you are not cheerful and smiling. Interesting world.

++++

exactly. romar honored his committements. went out of his way to be positive about all things slu, was a friend to every billiken fan/booster and he was out and about interacting with fans and the public everywhere in st louis. he always was willing to greet the public and it was always with a smile and a handshake and the belief that person was important.

i believe eventually things would have fallen into place for romar, especially if he would have had the budget and facility that rick is afforded now. and i will say that romar never complained publically. many times i heard him say, "we just have to figure out how to get it done."

that said, there is no arguing results. majerus is winning and winning at least a year ahead of time in a very difficult conference. granted he doesnt have to play memphis, louisville, marquette etc of a very good CUSA but the A-10 is now what CUSA was then, the next best conference after the BCS teams. so in reality, you cant even bring that into play. majerus is the better coach.

++++

exactly. romar honored his committements. went out of his way to be positive about all things slu, was a friend to every billiken fan/booster and he was out and about interacting with fans and the public everywhere in st louis. he always was willing to greet the public and it was always with a smile and a handshake and the belief that person was important.

i believe eventually things would have fallen into place for romar, especially if he would have had the budget and facility that rick is afforded now. and i will say that romar never complained publically. many times i heard him say, "we just have to figure out how to get it done."

that said, there is no arguing results. majerus is winning and winning at least a year ahead of time in a very difficult conference. granted he doesnt have to play memphis, louisville, marquette etc of a very good CUSA but the A-10 is now what CUSA was then, the next best conference after the BCS teams. so in reality, you cant even bring that into play. majerus is the better coach.

Please quit harping on that stupid Mickey Mouse 101.1 radio show snafu with Majerus.

And Romar was a young man, campaigning for this job and future jobs.

Majerus is beyond that, is 61, health problems, is not able to take the time to be the feel good 24/7 goodwill ambassador that YOU require.

He is a pretty much doing us a favor by turning this thing around... and you keep picking at a few irrelevant issues.