Cassity's assists

He is only one assist behind Kwamain Mitchell with 69 to Kwamain's 70. He was a pg in high school and has made a very nice transition to the sg position, where he will likely play the rest of his career, while still maintaining his ability to make plays for others.

Kyle actually has started to run the offense at certain times in the game, even at times when KM is on the court.

Kyle actually has started to run the offense at certain times in the game, even at times when KM is on the court.

He's also being more aggressive in looking for his shot the last few games. Over the last 3 games he's taken 28 shots and scored 32 points.

Could be wrong but my observation is that they are using Kyle to bring the ball up and trigger the offense early to middle of each half to take the load off of Kwamain. For important possessions and late in the game, Kwamain has the ball in his hands.

He is only one assist behind Kwamain Mitchell with 69 to Kwamain's 70. He was a pg in high school and has made a very nice transition to the sg position, where he will likely play the rest of his career, while still maintaining his ability to make plays for others.

I think that reinforces that Kyle is more adept at setting up teammates and Kwamain is more of a scorer first. That would seem a little backwards, since KC is considered the 2 and KM the 1, but the roles of the guards are pretty interchangeable. Christian also has a pretty nice assist total with 41. I expect McCall to fit right in, playing both roles, but maybe being more of a score-first guard than KC.

Could be wrong but my observation is that they are using Kyle to bring the ball up and trigger the offense early to middle of each half to take the load off of Kwamain. For important possessions and late in the game, Kwamain has the ball in his hands.

That is exactly what I have observed. I wasn't trying to imply that Kyle has usurped Mitchell in anyway. Just that they trust him to run the point at times and he just isn't playing the 2 spot with some time at the 3 anymore.