How about this for A-10 alignment

slu72

CM goes to A-10 and says our kids are suffering academically. A-10 needs two divs.

WEST DIV: SLU, UD, XU, ST. B'S, DU, CHARLOTTE, GW

EAST DIV: UM, URI, TEM, STJ, LAS, RICH, FORDHAM

Each team gets a 16 game sched.... twice w/in div that's 12 games. then 4 from other div 2 home 2 away.

Wouldn't that ease RM's pain a little? At the most he'd only have two trips a year to the outer reaches of the A-10, ok ST. B's is a pain but it's only 1 away game. Then schedule everyone's two away games in the early days of Jan or at least make an effort to do this.

Other than starting a new conf altogether, ie try and bring in Butler, Creighton, etc.... this makes the most sense. Please let's not join the MVC. Heck I'd rather be in the Horizon.

CM goes to A-10 and says our kids are suffering academically. A-10 needs two divs.

Each team gets a 16 game sched.... twice w/in div that's 12 games. then 4 from other div 2 home 2 away.

Wouldn't that ease RM's pain a little? At the most he'd only have two trips a year to the outer reaches of the A-10, ok ST. B's is a pain but it's only 1 away game. Then schedule everyone's two away games in the early days of Jan or at least make an effort to do this.

Other than starting a new conf altogether, ie try and bring in Butler, Creighton, etc.... this makes the most sense. Please let's not join the MVC. Heck I'd rather be in the Horizon.

Good idea. I'd rather go back to C-USA than join the MVC.

This really dumps on STB - they are put farthest away from their east coast brethen.

C-USA is all about FB now......and with Charlotte adding FB, thats where they may go......

Maybe swap out Bonerventure for Richmond.

That makes more sense. Then we have the "West" teams (SLU, UD, X, DU), and the "South" teams (RU, GW, UNCC) all in a division and the Philly schools (Temple, SJU, LaSalle), NY schools (Bona, Fordham), and New England (URI, UMass) schools all in a division. Geographically much better.

What I don't like is not playing 3 teams per year. Puts too much inequity in conference schedule IMO. Much more than playing everyone once and 3 home-and-home's.