SKIP YOU CAN REJOICE!

Kalish would be a good hire but if he could not double dip like he is allowed to at SIUE (Gallagher and SIUE) he could not afford the pay cut. I would assume that SLU must consider this a full time position which apparently is not the case at SIUE.

Why would Kalish be a good hire? Does he really have the experience?

Sorry. My comment: Why was meant to be directed to Skip's comment about finding out what Mike Roach thinks. KL and others really wanted Brad to be hired - and he was - and he didn't get the job done.

Not that SLU/May would want to completely ignore the players, not receive any input from them or hire someone they totally hated, but the program needs to hire a top-notch coach. Period. A good coach will not only make guys like Roach want to stay but also will bring other good guys in.

Sorry. My comment: Why was meant to be directed to Skip's comment about finding out what Mike Roach thinks. KL and others really wanted Brad to be hired - and he was - and he didn't get the job done.

Not that SLU/May would want to completely ignore the players, not receive any input from them or hire someone they totally hated, but the program needs to hire a top-notch coach. Period. A good coach will not only make guys like Roach want to stay but also will bring other good guys in.

Roach left the IU program under Freitag. I was curious if there was a problem between him and Freitag

I was told as of yesterday afternoon Kevin Kalish has not been contacted for an interview.

It was time for a change. Regardless of whether he was a "good" coach, recruiter, mentor etc. It was time for a change, for everyone involved.

Been away from the site for awhile (busy with work and tired of some of the nonsense of certain posters) but had to visit both when (1) Freitag was fired; and (2) when DD departed. Surprised there was no discussion of Freitag, and nothing from our "objective" friend on either account. And I'm still waiting for his end of year analysis he always promises and never delivers (i.e. I'll make my assessment when the season ends...blah blah blah).

I too am surprised that DD didn't have a contract. I don't blame him for leaving, and frankly can't believe he stayed this long (nevermind that perhaps he shouldn't have been allowed to stay). With the security of a multiple-year contract near his "home" vs. staying with a program on the decline and questionable long-term job security, why wouldn't he have left.

I recall someone on this site mentioning before last season that he had two years left on his contract - I guess it was bs.

I'd say Freitag will be interviewed, if he's interested. He won a championship, after all. I'd also say Dennis Currier would be a good choice, if he's interested. He's in a good situation at Dayton, so he may not want to move (particularly if it's on a month-month contract). Caleb Porter would be my choice, but who would want to move from Akron to Saint Louis (never thought I'd say that, for many reasons).

Skip - love some of your comments, especially the chef comment.

It was time for a change. Regardless of whether he was a "good" coach, recruiter, mentor etc. It was time for a change, for everyone involved.

Been away from the site for awhile (busy with work and tired of some of the nonsense of certain posters) but had to visit both when (1) Freitag was fired; and (2) when DD departed. Surprised there was no discussion of Freitag, and nothing from our "objective" friend on either account. And I'm still waiting for his end of year analysis he always promises and never delivers (i.e. I'll make my assessment when the season ends...blah blah blah).

I too am surprised that DD didn't have a contract. I don't blame him for leaving, and frankly can't believe he stayed this long (nevermind that perhaps he shouldn't have been allowed to stay). With the security of a multiple-year contract near his "home" vs. staying with a program on the decline and questionable long-term job security, why wouldn't he have left.

I recall someone on this site mentioning before last season that he had two years left on his contract - I guess it was bs.

I'd say Freitag will be interviewed, if he's interested. He won a championship, after all. I'd also say Dennis Currier would be a good choice, if he's interested. He's in a good situation at Dayton, so he may not want to move (particularly if it's on a month-month contract). Caleb Porter would be my choice, but who would want to move from Akron to Saint Louis (never thought I'd say that, for many reasons).

Skip - love some of your comments, especially the chef comment.

That was Brianstl

Did DD originally have a contract and then with the results the last few years SLU just didn't extend it? or did he not have a contract since day 1?

Didn't Freitag do just about the same thing to Indiana that DD did to SLU, except Indiana was better at the time he took over?