since the post has nothing today,

billiken_roy

here is the globe democrat's preview of today's game.

http://www.globe-democrat.com/news/2009/de...void-trap-game/

The Post has a paragraph about the game on page 3. They have the same preview for any team that might be of local interest. Is there some special edition that comes to Belleville?

Im surprised you read any of it after this sentence from Crone:

"coming in on the heels of a somewhat-emotional victory by the Billikens over longtime rival SIU-Carbondale"

The Post has a paragraph about the game on page 3. They have the same preview for any team that might be of local interest. Is there some special edition that comes to Belleville?

Im surprised you read any of it after this sentence from Crone:

"coming in on the heels of a somewhat-emotional victory by the Billikens over longtime rival SIU-Carbondale"

How can it be a big rival when neither team's fans show up in any bigger way to attend the game over the past decade, during the height of the MVC's basketball success?

Perhaps Earl should buy a few more tickets to the games? Earl likes the game. Whoopdeedoo. I have no problem with SLU playing SIUC annually. It is not a big rival, because people don't care in enough numbers either way annually about the game. The people have spoken in a big way the past decade about this game and about games with the MVC. They are saying it isn't that big of a game. If the masses thought otherwise, attendance would be better for the game annually.

Perhaps Earl should buy a few more tickets to the games? Earl likes the game. Whoopdeedoo. I have no problem with SLU playing SIUC annually. It is not a big rival, because people don't care in enough numbers either way annually about the game. The people have spoken in a big way the past decade about this game and about games with the MVC. They are saying it isn't that big of a game. If the masses thought otherwise, attendance would be better for the game annually.

The teams played as if they are rivals that don't like each other. That is good enough for me.

This topic has come up quite a bit over the years. We have no real rivals, so I guess people are trying to find some reason to create excitement. You don't have to agree with them.

There are a couple of teams that we would like to have as rivals, like XU and Dayton, but we're pretty low on the priority list for those teams. We've done so much conference hopping that it's been hard to sustain any rivalries. If the A10 allowed us to play a home & home vs. Dayton and XU EVERY year, it would go a long way.