Brian Conklin observations

I thought BC had a great game Sat nite. He (characteristicly) picked up a very early foul, first minute of game, I thought. Then was without a foul for most of the rest of the game.

On top of that, there were big Saluki bodies flying everywhere, and BC was on the delivering end of most of those. He was active, mostly in position, though some of the offensive rebounds the Salukis got were very frustrating at the end of the first half.

This was one of those under the radar, atta boy, performances that I like to see. Sure WRs points, rebounds and KMs ball handling and drives get lots of attention, but I thought the big men of SIU were out of the picture most of the game, mainly due to BCs defense. Their best ppg man was WAY under his average Sat nite.

If Ian Vouyoukos had as much fire in his belly as BC, he would have been in the NBA.

Well done, BC. Hope to see many more of these.

mhg

If Ian Vouyoukos had as much fire in his belly as BC, he would have been in the NBA.

great observation. conklin had the carbondale bigs flustered all night. when evans fouled out, as he went by conklin on the way to to the bench for his next encounter with our student fans, i am pretty sure evans didnt tell brian "nice game". i.e. he had practiced his line he later delivered to our own 05.

great observation. conklin had the carbondale bigs flustered all night. when evans fouled out, as he went by conklin on the way to to the bench for his next encounter with our student fans, i am pretty sure evans didnt tell brian "nice game". i.e. he had practiced his line he later delivered to our own 05.

Roy

Was unaware of the back/forth with the students and Mr Evans.

Would be nice if the band would share the words with us as well as the students for the taunt with the Hey _____! song they sing in the second half. Hard to pick up the words at times.

Our rating with Pomeroy fell after our game with SIU. This was not as good a W as I would think. Our next Wed game with Belmont may be tougher than SIU was. They predict us having 13 W for the year, based on our W/L up til now. The match with MoState will be huge for local braggin' rights, as well as RPI implications.

mhg

I thought BC had a great game Sat nite. He (characteristicly) picked up a very early foul, first minute of game, I thought. Then was without a foul for most of the rest of the game.

On top of that, there were big Saluki bodies flying everywhere, and BC was on the delivering end of most of those. He was active, mostly in position, though some of the offensive rebounds the Salukis got were very frustrating at the end of the first half.

This was one of those under the radar, atta boy, performances that I like to see. Sure WRs points, rebounds and KMs ball handling and drives get lots of attention, but I thought the big men of SIU were out of the picture most of the game, mainly due to BCs defense. Their best ppg man was WAY under his average Sat nite.

Well done, BC. Hope to see many more of these.

mhg

He is determined to get better. If he develops an accurate 12 to 15 foot jump shot he can reach his full potential, imo.