a logistical question

SalukiBand

Is there some sort of shuttle service from the Grand MetroLink station to Chafietz? A lot of Saluki fans are used to making the trip to St. Louis and taking MetroLink. I've been in Chafeitz a couple of times but not for a Billikens game. Just wondering what's the best/most convenient way to get there.

Is there some sort of shuttle service from the Grand MetroLink station to Chafietz? A lot of Saluki fans are used to making the trip to St. Louis and taking MetroLink. I've been in Chafeitz a couple of times but not for a Billikens game. Just wondering what's the best/most convenient way to get there.

there is none, don't come. :lol:

Oh, OK.....

Actually, it's a big day for SIU fans. At 11:00 that morning in Carbondale, SIU plays in the quarterfinals of the I-AA football playoffs vs. William and Mary. There are lots of folks who are making the trip for both games.

I don't know if there is a shuttle, but it is only a 10 minute walk.

There is no shuttle. I have two bad knees and have made the walk in about 20 minutes. It's good exercise.

The walk back is tough after a loss though. :lol:

get off on grand there is a stop between

Frost campus and Med School; if you are hardy

it should be a six to eight city block walk

We hope it's a tough walk on Saturday night. <grin>

I believe that is a night game...are you staying downtown? Where are taking the metro from? If I were you, I'd make sure that on the ride back you are with a few folks...I'm very much pro city and recommend mass transit, just want to give you a heads up that it can get a little rough at that metro stop at night. It's not the same vibe as the metro stop at Scottrade. Just be aware. If you are staying downtown, it wouldn't be a bad idea to catch the metro to the game from downtown, get hammered at the game, then take a cab back to wherever you are going.

Agreed. The Grand station is very sketchy at night. I wouldn't want to be there alone. Ponying up the 5 or 10 bucks to get in one of the garages would probably be worth it. And if you cannot handle heckling do not buy tickets near the student section. Fair warning. :rolleyes:

Agreed. The Grand station is very sketchy at night. I wouldn't want to be there alone. Ponying up the 5 or 10 bucks to get in one of the garages would probably be worth it. And if you cannot handle heckling do not buy tickets near the student section. Fair warning. :rolleyes:

That'd be about the cost of a cab ride from the chaif to downtown, too. Lots of options aside from going to the grand station after 10.