Doug Elgin gets nasty!

jmolina

i dont think anyone is denying the facts that mr elgin presents. however, it is convienent that mr elgin doesnt present the a-10 side of the argument. if mr elgin wants to attract some new teams, the mvc needs to do better than creighton, siu and the rest. and as i have asked a number of times, it remains to be seen if siu and creighton will continue at their recent pace since losing korver, and weber respectively.

the fact is that the middle and the bottom of the mvc is wickedly horrible and thus at this time is unacceptable if we are ever going to truly be a national men's basketball program. i dont see the point of debating it again.

I think it was a well-written letter that played up the Missouri Valley Conference. As the commissioner of the conference, he's SUPPOSED to pimp his conference. Furthermore, I'm glad he didn't try to sling any mud or make even one single comparison. His contention is that the MVC would be a good conference for the SLU program. I won't dispute that. I've never said that I dislike the Valley or that it's a bad conference; rather, I've said that I don't want SLU to be in the Valley and that the program needs to seek a better option. I can understand that Elgin wouldn't say it, but even he knows that there are BETTER conferences for SLU.

Lastly, I don't think he really wants to add SLU to his conference, but he's very thankful that his conference isn't in line to be poached.

actually, i anticipate illinois state improving. drake or indiana state along with northern iowa seem to be the league patsy's imo.

>The MVC is a decent plan B. If SLU could bring Butler with

>them and dump a couple of the patsies like Illinois State

>and Northern Iowa, it would be better.

Actually Illinois State and Southern Illinois are the largest schools in the MVC with enrollments of 21-22K respectively. ISU just suffered only it's 4th losing season in it's 33 years of Division 1 basketball history (two of which came at the hands of our former coach Tom Richardson in the last 4 years).

While I'm not crazy about some of the MVC teams (Evansville, Drake, Northern Iowa) I'm all for improving the conference with SLU, but the commish Doug E. has stated that he's not going to just add one team. The wonderful people at Western Kentucky want in, but they will only get added if SLU joins. Thus if there is no interest by SLU, then the MVC stands pat.

On another note, Is there any chance SLU remains in C-USA? Or does C-USA plan on moving on as an All-Sport conference with football as it's main emphasis?