Our RPI now is at

brianstl

I've heard that selection committees won't be using the RPI as much this year. Anyone else heard that?

I have heard that too.

We might not have the best RPI, but we have a great shot at hosting because of the venue...whether they say it or not...being able to host carries a great deal of weight with those tournaments. I like our chances at getting an NIT bid.

I know this used to be the case, but I am not sure it is as much of a factor now that the NCAA has taken over the tournament.

If SLU wins out the rest of the regular season, which I think they have a good chance of doing, then wins a couple in the conference tournament, would they be a lock for the NIT and a bubble team for the NCAA?

Lock for the NIT, yes. We will not even be a bubble team for the NCAA unless we win all regular season games and make it to the finals of the A-10 tournament. Even then, we would be on the outside of the bubble

I've heard that selection committees won't be using the RPI as much this year. Anyone else heard that?

they have long said it, yet each year maybe one or two teams at most dont follow the rpi.

take the auto qualifiers from all the conference tourney's and then just start filling in the rpi teams for the at large and you will be extremely close to the actual field.

now what i will say is they do not follow the rpi for seeding purposes. that to me is a lot of politics and predicting big match up games which imo is really b.s.

I think the only trouble well have playing the way we are is if we have to play Xavier or Temple early in the tourny

I don't know about that. I think the team has gelled and are playing much better now. Don't know if they'd win against those two, but I don't think that they would get blown out again. :rolleyes: