Coach really goes off on...

...the S. Miss game in Green Bay.

He is really animated in the article at espn.com. I can't link it, but it is on the College BBAll page in an article titled S. Miss-take.

Coaches expressed their displeasure with the C-USA office, and as a result, athletic directors are expected to change the bylaws of the league to indicate a league game cannot be moved outside of a team's designated market area. One source said Southern Miss went by the letter of the law, but not the intent of the bylaw.

Saint Louis coach Brad Soderberg called nearly every coach in the league when he heard about the move.

"I'm one of the ones who was upset," Soderberg said. "When I heard about it, I couldn't believe it. Then I find out there are contracts and it can't be changed."

Marquette technically will be the road team, and lists it as such on its Website. Southern Miss lists the game as a neutral game in Green Bay.

"I'm really upset," Soderberg said. "I'm upset at our conference for allowing this. This is unfair. The legislation may not say it, but someone should have stepped up and said this can't be done. This is a joke. I will be totally irate if this happens. It's simply not fair."

Some quotes:

Soderberg said the conference agreed to go to one division so that teams in the National Division like Southern Miss could play every team and get the home gates against the top teams like Cincinnati, Louisville and Marquette.

"Then Southern Miss moves a game out of Hattiesburg against a Final Four team?" Soderberg said. "I'm really irritated. I've never heard of one team getting nine home games and everyone else eight -- not in junior high or high school do they do that. I told Tom that I'm going to do everything I can to have you guys play in Hattiesburg."

probably sitting at the montgomery inn smoking cigars, eating ribs, drinking michelob and telling whoever will listen how he is too good for this league.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...andy&id=1653876

The quote that is so fundamentally wrong (on about 10 different levels--athletic competition is fundamentally about rules applying equally to all parties--except for stars in the NBA but that is another matter):

"It's a free enterprise system," Potts said of his right to schedule games.

Yeah, and maybe schools can buy "10 point head starts" off each other too.

quote from the espn article,

"There is no policy preventing this,'' said Conference USA deputy commissioner Brenda Weare, speaking on behalf of Banowski"

i think this is the same crazy witch that harrasses steve and the slu pep band every year at the tourney. goes to show what an idiot she is. she is all worked up about steve having a sign that says something to the effect "houston we have a problem" or the band singing their own lyrics to "hey baby", but she allows this b.s. how does a person like her get such a job?

They really are pains in the arse. I get yelled at every year. It is college sports! Jeez, who expects college students not to be a little crazy, goofy, and fun-loving...oh yeah...the NCAA and C-USA :(

Steve

PS: It is "Houston, YOU Have a Problem"