SLU vs. Dookain: Official GDT

jimbofive

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARon I completely agree I cannot believe how the crowd didnt get into the game. This was a very exciting game!!!! The lack of student attendence is absolutely unnacceptable. I think many students actually didn't know about the game!!!!! I'd wager 75+%

I was actually making the same comment walking from the game. Some kid was walking in front of me who clearly wasn't at the game and said to his buddy, "I wonder what was going on tonight...seems like a lot of people!" I mean come on! I'm fairly certain the Athletic Dept. sent reminders out about this game too.

Also, I agree that this was the worst crowd of the night. When I saw the exodus to the exits before OT started I couldn't believe it.

On a sidenote: I noticed they were advertising for the "Billiken Blizzard" on the scoreboard. I assume that is going to be a Whiteout game. If people actually show up and wear white that will be an extremely cool effect.

PM said on post game that BC and BT did not have minutes because of poor matchups.

We have a great Wine and Cheese crowd at SLU, no one can get up and support the team even in the last 30 seconds. The game goes into overtime and people are leaving, I would bet about 500 people had to the beat the traffic home, or they have to go to the top of the portal in the arena.

Thanks to people behind me for standing up at end. People in front of me, stand up!

I was actually making the same comment walking from the game. Some kid was walking in front of me who clearly wasn't at the game and said to his buddy, "I wonder what was going on tonight...seems like a lot of people!" I mean come on! I'm fairly certain the Athletic Dept. sent reminders out about this game too.

Also, I agree that this was the worst crowd of the night. When I saw the exodus to the exits before OT started I couldn't believe it.

On a sidenote: I noticed they were advertising for the "Billiken Blizzard" on the scoreboard. I assume that is going to be a Whiteout game. If people actually show up and wear white that will be an extremely cool effect.

Got the email - The Billiken Blizzard is a white out night against St. Joes, no free t-shirts, but wear white. Can you buy a white SLU shirt? Blue Out Night vs Dayton with 5000 free t-shirts.

ARon I completely agree I cannot believe how the crowd didnt get into the game. This was a very exciting game!!!! The lack of student attendence is absolutely unnacceptable. I think many students actually didn't know about the game!!!!! I'd wager 75+%

The only time the student section looked occupied at all was the first 13 minutes of the game or so. Then the Academic Excellance Awardees went to line up for their 1/2 time recognition and then most of them peaced out of there. After that, I bet there were maybe 75 students at the most.

I agree, the crowd was pretty quite. I was pretty vocal at my end. Again, I couldnt beleive the people that got up to leave with 1 minutes left on the clock and then when it went into overtime, even more left. I just don't get it how you can just leave at a critical point when it was so close and exciting. Great game tonight! Good job Billikens, Keep it up!

PM said on post game that BC and BT did not have minutes because of poor matchups.

We have a great Wine and Cheese crowd at SLU, no one can get up and support the team even in the last 30 seconds. The game goes into overtime and people are leaving, I would bet about 500 people had to the beat the traffic home, or they have to go to the top of the portal in the arena.

Thanks to people behind me for standing up at end. People in front of me, stand up!

An elderly couple is walking up the steps to exit as Barry steps to the line to "ice" the game with a few seconds left in regulation. They look over at some friends and give the "whoa - that's a relief that we pulled this one out" look. I'm thinking, the way we've been choking this one away, this is faaaar from over. Sure enough, Barry misses two and we luck out that the buzzer-beater was just a two instead of three. C'mon people, support the team until the final buzzer! Better yet, support the team from the opening tip-off. And, why would it be so difficult for students to show up for a 6:00 game? I don't get it. Hopefully, our crowd is akin to a team loaded with freshman...still trying to figure out what it takes to be "big time".

Makes me sick. If I could fly back for say $50 bucks roundtrip, I'd probably fly back for half the games, and pay for a ticket when I got there, too. And the schmucks that sleep 1/4 mile from the damn building can't be bothered. Ridiculous. I can't wait to hear those morons go nuts in a few years when we finally make the tournament again. Although I guess I'd rather they did that than still not give a ######. Oh well, whatever. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, just listening to the game.

is that a Billiken Starter jacket?

If so, where do I get one

we should flood Chris Mays Mailbox And voicemail!

Bills 71, Chris May is doing a live chat on STL Today.com on Friday. I already submitted a question about this but I would encourage you and others to do this as well. In December he told us that internet radio would be available after the first of the year. That hasn't happened. We deserve answers!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal