Honey, I shrunk the players

RUBillsFan

I've noticed that SLU's freshman inexplicably shrunk from their heights listed on scout.com to their current heights on SLU's official roster.

Player / Scout.com height / SLU's roster height

Kyle Cassity / 6-5 / 6-3

Brian Conklin / 6-8 / 6-6

Femi John / 6-4 / 6-2

Kwamain Mitchell / 6-1 / 5-10

Willie Reed / 6-11 / 6-9

Brett Thompson / 7-0 / 6-10

It seems that all of them lost about 2 inches from HS to college. Is this a case of their HS heigh being fudged upward or college heigh fudged down or a little of both?

I does not appear to be a trend because here are previous year's heights at scout and on last year's official roster.

Marcus Relphorde / 6-7 / 6-7

Anthony Mitchell / 6-5 / 6-4

Dustin Macguire / 6-5 / 6-5

Adam Knollmeyer / 6-8 / 6-9

I also noticed that between last year's official roster and this year's Barry Eberhardt has shrunk from 6-7 tp 6-6.

Guest BillikenReport

It seems that all of them lost about 2 inches from HS to college. Is this a case of their HS heigh being fudged upward or college heigh fudged down or a little of both?

It could also be the difference between being measured with or without shoes.

It's probably a little of both, but more likely being trimmed a little.

I adjusted the heights in the Scout database to reflect the "official" heights from SLU.

to me i think its a mistake. I measured Brett myself when he was between his Jr and Sr year with his shoes off with a tape measurer and he was just over 6'11". Ive been measured many times with my shoes off by doctors and Im 6'8". Brians is just as tall as me. I dont know if this was done on purpose so that people would underestimate them...a 7' kid just sounds much scarier than a 6'10" kid. Or maybe they were just off...either way it doesnt change the talent we have.

Guest BillikenReport

What it could possibly do, though it's not something I agree with, is when the teams actually step out on the floor, the opponents realize the Billikens are a bigger team than they had thought.

What it could possibly do, though it's not something I agree with, is when the teams actually step out on the floor, the opponents realize the Billikens are a bigger team than they had thought.

At a Tip Off Club meeting - RM said he likes to list his kids a couple of inches shorter rather than make them seem taller like a lot of teams do.

to me i think its a mistake. I measured Brett myself when he was between his Jr and Sr year with his shoes off with a tape measurer and he was just over 6'11". Ive been measured many times with my shoes off by doctors and Im 6'8". Brians is just as tall as me. I dont know if this was done on purpose so that people would underestimate them...a 7' kid just sounds much scarier than a 6'10" kid. Or maybe they were just off...either way it doesnt change the talent we have.

Oh come on. You know that the reason you came up with 6' 11" is because people from Vienna can't count to 7. If you said something different you would have confused the townies. :lol:

All the freshmen would be taller on a different team. Conklin and Barry are listed at the same height, and Conklin looks at least a couple inches taller. At 5-10, I thought Mitchell would be like Polk and that is not the case. Reed and Thompson are taller than anybody we face yet there are 6-9 and 6-10. Cassity and John each shrunk an inch. I think that either we are measuring the fresh w/o shoes and/or all teams add an inch to their players.

Regardless at what we are listed, it is nice to have some big men for a change. Conklin is a big boy compared to the 6-7 guys he is facing and Reed is longer than anybody he tends to go up against.

Now if we could just shoot straight and not turnover the ball.

At a Tip Off Club meeting - RM said he likes to list his kids a couple of inches shorter rather than make them seem taller like a lot of teams do.

Thats exactly what I was talking about...Kennys listed at 7' but he definitely didnt look 2 inchs taller that Brett...maybe a little goofier but not taller

Oh come on. You know that the reason you came up with 6' 11" is because people from Vienna can't count to 7. If you said something different you would have confused the townies. :lol:

quite funny Ive never heard the, youre from -insert town name here- so your -insert insult here-. Quite original and tasteful joke, my feeling are very hurt right now lol