Has the game passed Majerus by?

mn203

those bItching about cassity's PT need to think about why rickma gives him so much time. the answer is he gets it. i love the guy. i wish he was making twice as many of his shots, but i think that will come eventually. his shot looks good leaving his hands. his make percentage will rise as he gets stronger as well.

My only complaint is that I wish Cassity would take Paul's minutes on the court.

anybody trying to draw conclusions from Thursday night is insane. we will not play another team this year as good as xaiver. if sean miller doesnt get to the sweet 16 he should be fired.

taj, no way i am comparing cassity to deiner or highmark. he is not that type of a player. both of them were more score first thinking off guards that had very little true ball skills.

i want to say he is a poor man's h, but h was so much better especially shooting and passing, however we never saw h as a freshman. but my point is that cassity is a pass first do the right thing guard that plays solid position help defense all the time. cassity is the guy you dont notice because he just does stuff right old schoolwise. even his entry passes are boring, but the truth is he was in the right position to make that pass when 90% of other players would still be circling around the floor trying to get the ball because they didnt know how to utilize the other players on the floor to get in that position.

you dont notice him as much on defense because he plays the man off the ball correctly and keeps the opponent with the ball from even thinking about passing to his man more than others. when he gets fouls it is amazing how often it is because he was the only one in position to help on defense when his teamate got beat.

little things that no one else does right.

those bItching about cassity's PT need to think about why rickma gives him so much time. the answer is he gets it. i love the guy. i wish he was making twice as many of his shots, but i think that will come eventually. his shot looks good leaving his hands. his make percentage will rise as he gets stronger as well.

I think Cassity is more like Luke Meyer his freshman year. Luke had a hard time scoring, but a good floor game that merited playing time. Luke's scoring came his junior and senior years, but he always deserved court time. I'm hoping Cassity developes the same way.

Roy, Diener may not have had ball skills, but Highmark did. Spot up shooting was his forte', but he had a good floor game and took it to the hole when given the opportunity.

I think Cassity is more like Luke Meyer his freshman year. Luke had a hard time scoring, but a good floor game that merited playing time. Luke's scoring came his junior and senior years, but he always deserved court time. I'm hoping Cassity developes the same way.

Roy, Diener may not have had ball skills, but Highmark did. Spot up shooting was his forte', but he had a good floor game and took it to the hole when given the opportunity.

highmark never defended, dribbled and passed as good as cassity can already. cassity is no where near the total package highmark was, but it is the other aspects floor composure, scoring (not just shooting scoring as you are correct scott could go to the basket better simply because he was always physically stronger than what cassity is now), and leadership (from day one at slu, highmark took control of the floor. imo highmark was the glue and leader that controlled that team for four years)

I can see Reed turning into a Doug Smith-like player player. He's already light years ahead of guys like Justin Johnson, Vashun Newbourne, or Justin Tatum --- guys who we've endured over recent years.

I've had that daydream for a few weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The thing, though, is that Smith maintained a free-throw-shooting percentage in the 70s and also had shooting range to 20 feet by his senior season. He was also probably stronger and beefier even as a freshman than Reed is now, though he, too, was lanky.

I remember Justin Tatum as being a pretty good frontcourt player who doesn't deserve to be relegated to a tier with Justin Johnson and Vas'shun Newbourne. Tatum was one of the productive beefy bigs SLU had in the late '90s and early '00s: Baniak, Heinrich, and Tatum. Untangle your memory.

I've had that daydream for a few weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one. The thing, though, is that Smith maintained a free-throw-shooting percentage in the 70s and also had shooting range to 20 feet by his senior season. He was also probably stronger and beefier even as a freshman than Reed is now, though he, too, was lanky.

I remember Justin Tatum as being a pretty good frontcourt player who doesn't deserve to be relegated to a tier with Justin Johnson and Vas'shun Newbourne. Tatum was one of the productive beefy bigs SLU had in the late '90s and early '00s: Baniak, Heinrich, and Tatum. Untangle your memory.

I think the sky is the limit with Reed. I never saw Bill Russell play, but if you look at old pictures of him and read his autobiography there are a lot of similarities between him and Willie. Both beanpole thin, both can jump out of the gym, both questionable shooting but nifty around the basket. Rammer has also noted that Willie is the one player on the floor who never takes a play off or outcomes for granted.. So if we can just find a K.C. Jones along with the rest of our supporting cast we will be as good as the San Francisco Dons of the fifties. This thread has just officially taken us from Rickma being past his time to us winning the national championship.