a-10 up to 7th highest ranked rpi conference

billiken_roy

Roy, the fact is we are 1-4 against non buy game opponents this year. Could that record get better this year, yes, but will it, I don't know.

But this concept that if we just schedule better all our problems (RPI and otherwise) will go away is crazy. Put 3 more mid majors on the schedule and maybe we are still 4-4 but its also as likely we could be 1-7.

For those that like prediction contests check out this link. It is based off Pomeroy's calculations and is similar to what the Wiz does every game for us. It doesn't paint a very positive picture of where this team is going based on the first 8 games we have played this year.

http://www.kenpom.com/sked.php?y=2009&...20Louis&t=p

where did you get that ("all our problems will go away)? all i am saying is that if we had credible games on the schedule it would be easier to overcome the rpi boulder that is now in front of us by winning other games. we arent going to climb out of triple digits though with the remaining schedule we got.

again, you are the one saying it is "likely we could be 1-7". not me. i think this is a talented team and it doesnt need 7 gimmees to get better. it needs more mid major challenges to bring them up to that level.

it would be different if we hadnt beat bc, if we hadnt taken kent to overtime etc. we obviously can compete with the mid majors and you insinuating we cannot frankly p!sses me off and i take it as an insult to the billikens.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where did you get that ("all our problems will go away)? all i am saying is that if we had credible games on the schedule it would be easier to overcome the rpi boulder that is now in front of us by winning other games. we arent going to climb out of triple digits though with the remaining schedule we got.

again, you are the one saying it is "likely we could be 1-7". not me. i think this is a talented team and it doesnt need 7 gimmees to get better. it needs more mid major challenges to bring them up to that level.

it would be different if we hadnt beat bc, if we hadnt taken kent to overtime etc. we obviously can compete with the mid majors and you insinuating we cannot frankly p!sses me off and i take it as an insult to the billikens.

Way to twist words Roy. Saying "it is as likely" is not the same as saying "it is likely."

I'm done with this conversation. The RPI doesn't matter for us this season because we aren't good enough to make it to any post-season. That 1-4 record against non buy game opponents (not even good ones either) is proof of that and no matter how many more mid majors we played on the schedule we won't be moving any boulders.

I'm done with this conversation. The RPI doesn't matter for us this season because we aren't good enough to make it to any post-season. That 1-4 record against non buy game opponents (not even good ones either) is proof of that and no matter how many more mid majors we played on the schedule we won't be moving any boulders.

-my view of reality on this subject and kshoe's are in synch

-the part of this i don't understand is that we are 3-4 against d1 teams, 0-3 on the road, and people want to play a tougher schedule to help our rpi with the hope that we make the ncaa tourney

-and please understand, i want success for slu, that is why i donate time and money, that is why i attend, that is why i am a fan, but this year for me is a learning process for the frosh, and next year will be as well (we should understand the reasons why), but the following year is when i expect slu to be good and be an ncaa tourney contender

-my view of reality on this subject and kshoe's are in synch

-the part of this i don't understand is that we are 3-4 against d1 teams, 0-3 on the road, and people want to play a tougher schedule to help our rpi with the hope that we make the ncaa tourney

-and please understand, i want success for slu, that is why i donate time and money, that is why i attend, that is why i am a fan, but this year for me is a learning process for the frosh, and next year will be as well (we should understand the reasons why), but the following year is when i expect slu to be good and be an ncaa tourney contender

I have to agree with the poster that said "who cares about the RPI??!!?"

For our situation, it really doesn't matter this year. The only hope we have of making any post season tourny is to have a strong A-10 season and then win the tournament or make it to the Championship game (given we have at minimum 20 wins). Otherwise, we are just treading water with this debate.

The loses are killing our RPI. Plain and simple.

I have to agree with the poster that said "who cares about the RPI??!!?"

For our situation, it really doesn't matter this year. The only hope we have of making any post season tourny is to have a strong A-10 season and then win the tournament or make it to the Championship game (given we have at minimum 20 wins). Otherwise, we are just treading water with this debate.

The loses are killing our RPI. Plain and simple.

If I win the lottery, I'll donate to whomever I need to to insure we get in the tourney. It works in politics, it should work here also.